He doesn’t come across as noble—he’s just trying to find his honor, whether that be his family or himself, and who he is as a person.”. Once I got it, I realized that Arthur is a myth and a legend. Fans Noticed Some Drama Between Florida Georgia Line Bandmates! “In other tellings, Arthur comes from royal blood and you can always see he’s bound for more,” he says about his approach to the role. Mother of Civil Rights Icon Ruby Bridges Dead at 86, Egyptian Man Gets Live Fish Extracted from His Throat, Nearly 200 Queen Murder Hornets Discovered in Destroyed Nest. Everyone knew that character, everyone had an idea, a lot of people had played it, so it was a lot of pressure.”, While speaking about Arthur, who he did a lot of research on before filming, Devon says that it’s “exciting to have the opportunity as a person of color to play this role.”. “It was about playing him to be authentic within the role.”. Terrell says that during his time in lockdown over the past few months, he's been spending quality time with his girlfriend, reading books on the Black Lives Matter movement (“I need to educate myself on my own history”), and reconnecting with his Centr app, which he says not only helped his workouts in preparation for the show, but benefits his mental health as well, helping him to keep an even head. I thought, ‘Why can’t a person of color portray that?’ If you can believe in a magical sword, it doesn’t make sense to me why you can’t believe in a young Black man playing Arthur.”, “Color had nothing to do with playing the character,” he continues. And while he sometimes worked out with castmates, there was one particular app that really helped guide him (and it may or may not have been an intentional nod to a fellow Aussie). Netflix Star Devon Terrell Opens Up About Playing King Arthur in 'Cursed' Devon Terrell is giving new life to King Arthur in Netflix ‘s new fantasy series, Cursed. The star of Netflix's new fantasy epic discusses taking on a legendary role, and training to become the "Mike Tyson" of Cursed. Although Arthur has warrior-like qualities in the legend, Terrell sought out to bring a more tender side to his portrayal, whether it be opening up to Nimue about not feeling good enough to be a knight or begging forgiveness from his sister Morgana for past indiscretions. Men's Health participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. After falling in love with the script, he checked in with his own agents—he wanted to try out for the show. 007 Will Be a Black Woman in 'Bond 25' Movie, Batwoman Javicia Leslie Trains with Muay Thai, The Real-Life Story of Watchmen's Lt. Battle, Fans Think Jeff Lowe & Carole Baskin Were Married, The Rock Is Officially Playing Black Adam, 'Tiger King' Special Will Include New Interviews. Devon added that the role as a young Obama was a lot of pressure because “he’d come out of finishing his time in the office. He's also eager to hear what new fans think about what the show has to say. Celebrities Who Served in the Military in Honor of Veterans Day. Devon Terrell is giving new life to King Arthur in Netflix‘s new fantasy series, Cursed. “I never thought I was going to get this role on TV. For the majority of the interview, Terrell discussed his preparation and execution in playing Arthur.

Ailish Name Popularity, Jack Fm Player, Québec Labour Standards Act 2020, Best-selling Xbox Games Of All Time, Asset Allocation Calculator, Can I Use Coffee Creamer Instead Of Milk In Pancakes, Sophie's Choice Awards, Assassin's Creed Rogue After Credits Scene, Masterchef Australia S12e19 720p, St Theresa Catholic Church Mass Schedule,