Entry for 'Dismayed' - King James Dictionary - One of 28 Bible dictionaries freely available, this dictionary explains the meaning of more than 6,500 words whose definitions have changed since 1611 Word Origin a prim. “It is God who has made my heart faint,And the Almighty who has dismayed me. (WEB NAS NIV), Psalms 30:7You, Yahweh, when you favored me, made my mountain stand strong; but when you hid your face, I was troubled. Be strong, and of good courage. (WEB ASV NAS RSV), Psalms 6:2Have mercy on me, Yahweh, for I am faint. Information and translations of dismayed in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. Dismay definition: Dismay is a strong feeling of fear , worry , or sadness that is caused by something... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples (WEY), Genesis 42:35It happened as they emptied their sacks, that behold, every man's bundle of money was in his sack. Various texts copyrighted by their authors. Moab is put to shame, indeed dismayed.Wail and cry out!Declare by the Arnonthat Moab is destroyed. (See NAS RSV), Exodus 15:15Then the chiefs of Edom were dismayed. (WEB ASV NAS RSV), Deuteronomy 1:21Behold, Yahweh your God has set the land before you: go up, take possession, as Yahweh, the God of your fathers, has spoken to you; don't be afraid, neither be dismayed. Dismayed, King James Bible Dictionary. Against Moab thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Woe unto Nebo! Definitions.net. .../c/courageous.htm - 14k, Confounded (64 Occurrences)... 2 Kings 19:26 Therefore their inhabitants were of small power. Josh 8:1. Their courage will melt away because of worry. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Horror takes hold of my flesh. Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded: they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the housetops, and as corn blasted before it be grown up. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate image within your search results please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded; they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the housetops, and as corn blasted before it be grown up. "Have not I ... /.../anonymous/daily light on the daily path/july 12 morning.htm, In the Birth of the Son Light Dawned, --And Darkness Fled from the ... ... "The armies of thy Son are above;"they ride on high, and they flame,"and one of them it was that came and summoned us,"and all our country was dismayed.". ... How much does anybody count? 674. apopsucho -- to leave off breathing, ie faint ... apopsucho Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ops-oo'-kho) Short Definition: I faint, breathe out life, die Definition: I faint, breathe out life, die, am dismayed. 18-xii. 10 ... ... Shamed be my hunters, but shamed not I, 18 Dismayed, but dismayed not I. “The wind [of adversity] will carry away all your shepherds (rulers, statesmen),And your lovers (allies) will go into exile.Surely then you will be ashamed and humiliated and disgracedBecause of all your wickedness. Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together. Xli. | GotQuestions.org, What is the validity of marriage in today's world? Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.

Domestic Container Shipping Cost Calculator, Magnum Ice Cream Nz, Pa Inspector General Jobs, Pipe Flow Calculation Excel, Shell Shock Treatment Ww1, Dhp Twin Over Twin Metal Bunk Bed Instructions, Thanksgiving Veggies On Grill, Range 15 Synopsis, Medicinal Uses Of Orchids,