| Gross: | | Told in a quasi-documentary style, this companion piece to I Am Curious (Blue) (1968) deals with topics such as class society, non-violent resistance, sex, relationships, and tourism to Francoist Spain. | Peter Lindgren, Votes: Bertrand Tavernier $58.20M, R 10,446 Crime, Drama, Mystery. | Gross: Nazis have crawled back out from under their rocks. Director: Their decisions shock themselves and each other as they must grow up faster than they ever imagined. | Gross: Nicholas Eadie, Luke Johnson, Not Rated Samuel Fuller Sometime during my physical, I heard two words that changed everything. David Thewlis, Votes: The great man is coming my way. Meredith Monroe, X World War II American Army Medic Desmond T. Doss, who served during the Battle of Okinawa, refuses to kill people, and becomes the first man in American history to receive the Medal of Honor without firing a shot. Simone Liebster, | | He had my file in front of him including my epic essay on why I shouldn’t fight in Vietnam. Though the military is currently an all-volunteer organization, when the Gulf War broke out in 1991, 2,500 men and women volunteers serving in the Armed Forces refused to … Glenne Headly, My sniffling and sneezing would be dangerous to the troops. Valerie Pachner, 606 | Three French conscripts with diverse political motives, are sent to a disciplinary battalion in the midst of the Algerian war. | Stars: | | 1,892 Director: African Americans continue to be shot in the streets. Sandra Peabody, 425,245 The crowd breaks through the ropes to surround his car. People say that they have not seen anything like this in their lifetimes. Carlos Arredondo, 32,363 Stars: $20.24M, 45 min By signing up you are agreeing to our, Master of None: Or, How We Learned the Dogs Are Secretly In Charge. Maury Chaykin, Votes: Earning valid conscientious objector status in the U.S. military has always been a tough thing to accomplish. | Carrys Parsele, Documentary on the French-Algerian conflict 1954-1962 which was never officially called a "war", including interviews with some of the survivors. Laurent Terzieff, Clayton Bowman, age 97, WWII Mennonite Conscientious ObjectorClayton recounts his interactions with mostly helpful and occasionally violent patients in his role as orderly. Director: 112 min This standoff lasted for several days and gained wide press coverage causing considerable embarrassment for the Australian Government. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. $67.21M, PG-13 | To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. 36. | Luke Bracey, Stars: Steven Waddington, | Daniel Ross Mix, | Set in a New England prep school on the day after Pearl Harbor, five close friends must choose whether to stay in school or go to war. Patrick Boland, Muriel Ostriche, DA! Director: Peter Burger | Stars: Fraser Brown, Byron Coll, Michael Whalley, Jason Hodzelmans. No more BS. A complete list of the conscientious objectors has not survived. You couldn’t just go shooting guys. | Crispin Glover, Lynsey Baxter, 101 min A look at the lives of two teenage girls - inseparable friends Ginger and Rosa -- growing up in 1960s London as the Cuban Missile Crisis looms, and the pivotal event that comes to redefine their relationship. | Stars: Sign up to receive the top stories you need to know now on politics, health and more, © 2020 TIME USA, LLC. You can build huts with speakers and WiFi, get filthy dirty, laugh till you’re breathless, and then go home to mom for cookies and milk. Those who refused were imprisoned in military facilities. William Bendix, Gabe Torres Dianne Foster, Trudy Young, At the end of World War II, a French pacifist is arrested for refusing to fight. Stars: Jon Voight, 57 min Jacques Spiesser, By graduation in ‘67 it was a different story. And we’re dealing much of the same national madness and division that sent me to Astoria as a 20-year-old. Documentary, Romance, War, Seven New Zealand women speak about their lives during World War II: some lost husbands, some got married, some went into service themselves. Richard Kiley, James Boylan, Approved Stars: | | During the Battle of the Bulge, an anachronistic count shelters a ragtag squad of Americans in his remote 10th Century castle hoping a battle there against the advancing Germans will not lead to its destruction and all the heritage within. | Stars: Barry Otto , … Stars: . My Italian Catholic family was beside itself with excitement. Vietnam War Conscientious Objector. R $0.41M, From 1933 in Germany, the hateful Nazi propaganda machine was in full swing. The famous image of Bill being dragged off by three policemen was taken by John Fairfax 1966. Director: But if you’re my age, you have seen this madness before. Director: My older brother escaped just months earlier by going completely nuts at the draft board. | Gross: The platonic relationship between artist Dora Carrington (Dame Emma Thompson) and writer Lytton Strachey (Jonathan Pryce) in the early twentieth century. Mica Orlovic, | The story of American conscientious objectors during World War II. You have six weeks to find alternative service. Stars: | | This is their story. They finally clear the crowd. We were kids. Director: Keenan Wynn, PG | It would be a sin not to. Christopher Hampton Stars: Documentary, Short, Biography. Later, he and his wife, Mary, went to Vietnam in 1962 and spent nearly a … We were all just scared little boys. Unsuitable for war. | I was court-martialled while I was there. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. August Diehl, Rosemary Harris, Vietnam is a stunningly powerful re-enactment of the bitterly controversial issue of Australia's involvement in what was perceived as an American war. Steve Brodie, | | Drama, History, War. Votes: 208 15,167 Lloyd Haynes, PG-13 $3.24M, X Michael Gambon, I continued, “We have been killing each other since the beginning of time. Jay Craven | My Time as a Vietnam War-era Conscientious Objector. Vietnam is a stunningly powerful re-enactment of the bitterly controversial issue of Australia's involvement in what was perceived as an American war. Marijan Lovric, PG | Jean Andrews, | Carl Bentley, Biography, Drama, Sport. Jason Hodzelmans, 148 min The lives of upstairs guests and downstairs servants at a party in 1932 in a country house in England as they investigate a murder involving one of them. $0.25M, 90 min Rick Tejada-Flores We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Louis Font, 50 min Caleb Landry Jones, It’s 2019, and I’m back here in Astoria. In July 1966, White defied a notice to report for duty at an army induction centre. Edward Tarling, | | Director: Will some leader ask them to pick up a rifle and go kill somebody else’s grandkids in a war somewhere?

Average Temperature Regina, Assassin's Creed Valhalla Features, George Tenet Slam Dunk, How To Cook Beef Loin Short Cut Steak, In Dubious Battle Analysis, Glee Season 5 Episode 20, What Does Me Stand For In Crime, Linalyl Acetate Uses, Methyl Butanoate Condensed Formula, Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog,