On Tuesday (August 8), Fox chairman Dana Walden confirmed to Deadline that the studio is going back to the drawing board with different writers. If it's the right idea and the right execution, we'll take that.". For all I know, the most recent How I Met Your Mother reboot may end up sticking. Bell has been prolific in recent years, starring in NBC's well-reviewed metaphysical comedy The Good Place, and before that starring in Showtimes House Of Lies from 2012–2016 and the modern detective series Veronica Mars from 2004–2007. Kristen Bell and Jonathan Groff will play new parents dealing with their daughter's numerous health problems in the musical Molly And The Moon, from the How I Met Your Mother creators. The new musical is set to be written and directed by the How I Met Your Mother creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, Deadline reported on Thursday. Published: 16:43 EST, 5 November 2020 | Updated: 18:29 EST, 8 November 2020. "It's one that's been slowly cooked. How I Met Your Mother sequel coming up for THIRD time Updated / Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 11:33. Unfortunately, Harris doesn't see a HIMYM revival happening any time soon, and the star believes that "there are better ideas" than bringing back the hit comedy: The How I Met Your Father spinoff was actually the second attempt at continuing HIMYM's legacy: the first came in 2013, when CBS execs cast a female-centric remake called How I Met Your Dad starring Greta Gerwig, Nicholas D'Agosto, and Andrew Santino (um, in hindsight, this was an amazing cast). How I Met Your Dad was the planned spin-off of How I Met Your Mother. The writer recounted how he and his wife were expecting their first child, a boy named Elliot, in the period when he and Bays were working as showrunners in seasons two and three. Plus, wouldn't it be better to see Ted's kids way off into the future as they try to explain how they met their own spouses? 'And what it meant for Elliot is that he had several heart defects and needed open-heart surgery at only two weeks old, and we did not see any of this coming,' Thomas continued. The production studio behind How I Met Your Mother is refusing to give up on a spin-off and is going for a third attempt. ', Old pals: Bell and Groff have collaborated on both Frozen and Frozen II, as well as in short films from the franchise; pictured in 2013, TV star: The actress has made a name for herself on acclaimed shows including The Good Place, Showtime's House Of Lies and Veronica Mars; pictured in February in NYC. The writer worried first that his son might not survive his intensive surgeries, and even if he did, he would be 'a kid who was different, who might have lifelong health and developmental issues. 'Carter found himself wondering too, what is that little life going through in this plastic box? Harris is right: It's only been four years (almost to the day: HIMYM ended on March 31, 2014) since the show ended, so what's the rush to get a reboot on the air? Those two journeys are so intense for anyone to go through.'. Kristen Bell and Jonathan Groff will appear together on screen again in the upcoming original musical film Molly And The Moon. RTÉ is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. RTÉ.ie is the website of Raidió Teilifís Éireann, Ireland's National Public Service Media.

Who Wrote Iko Iko, La Story Full Cast, Ye Li Net Worth, Barbie Princess Adventure Movie 2020 Release Date, Murphy Table Set Of 3, Shawarma Kebab Near Me, How To Use A Blast Furnace Minecraft, China Export Products, Weekly Meal Planner With Grocery List On A Budget, Crime Rates By City Ontario, Lady Hestia Evans,