No doubt about it, on me Hyrax is POOPY. Intemperance wears a conspicuously ornamented blue skirt with applications of mother-of-pearl, bronze rings, etc.). But also, weirdly, a beauty. The hyrax note is especially interesting. Absolutely sick. It is used in perfumery as an animalic … The African tribesman and people of the Middle East used Hyraceum as a traditional remedy for epilepsy, kidney problems, convulsions and feminine hormonal disorders. The whisky, styrax, mint patchouli features pungently pitch this very shrill in the opening and gives one a olfactory opening unique to hyrax. In any case, this is a sexy old-school fragrance … Hyrax smells like liquefied fecal matter. The opening of Crepuscule is a strong, sweet note of mandarin orange, warmed by the spice of cardamom and the herbal tones of clary sage. Hyraceum here is leaned towards agarwood 'oud-y' smell, and combined with saffron, it creates a 'middle-eastern' vibe to the scent. Hyrax has to me the same vibe as Al-Faransi's "C.I.A.". I don't understand the other reviews. I can only assume that they are getting other notes, or using it as a sachet to remind of happy memories (I would do this with hay, horse sweat, barnyard, or machine oil, sea water, naval paint...But I don't want to smell like any of that at work or the grocery store). At the heart of Zoologist Hyrax is a daring, seldom-used ingredient in the art of perfumery –– African stone, or hyraceum, giving this bold animalic scent its distinctive signature. I wish I knew all the notes that go into perfume making because I have a very good nose but have no reference aside from those smells that (almost) everyone knows. With an urgent squeal, the alarm is sounded - the colony dashes for cover. The key to success, however, is dosage. 6.6 / 10 71 Bewertungen Hyrax ist ein Parfum von Zoologist für Damen und Herren und erschien im Jahr 2018. The kind of smell one develops after a morning shower followed by a busy day. With using hyraceum tincture, no animals are harmed. Behind the acidic scent of animality were the pink pepper, Turkish rose, patchouli, sandalwood, and tonka beans. But at what point do you cross the line from being "unique" to just absolutely disgusting and unwearable. I read some of these reviews, so was expecting something fairly ghastly, to be honest. We'll, I've changed my vote from Dislike to Like, and this one has inspired me to write my first review. 309 votes. For all its eccentricity, Hyrax is a simple fragrance. It is not too oppressive and it will fair well in moderate temperatures. Hundreds of years later ambitious feces collectors dig them up and sell them as a perfume ingredient. Hyrax opens with a heafty dose of animalics and pink pepper. The shadow of a soaring eagle rushes across the ground. Like in a barn with horses and goats where men dressed in worn out leather rest to taste a round of smokey whiskey around a fire that ends up in cold ashes. Hot summers may be a bad idea. To be bearable for wear, the real hyraceum has to come in a highly diluted form. Read about this perfume in other languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Русский, Polski, Português, Ελληνικά, 汉语, Nederlands, Srpski, Română, العربية, Українська, Монгол, עברית. Hyrax is difficult to wear. It's hard to find the words for it. Thank you, Sven Pritzkoleit. Other reviewers are right: the first hour or so is a little rough and the fragrance evolves ending in a bright slightly musky slightly flowery slightly woody mix that is unique. The florals pass relatively quickly and you're left with a spicy, earthy scent with hints of musk and whisky. From a sample layered with tea for two. This is pretty much the smell of a zoo enclosure on a hot day, and it projects. Pass. It reminds me of the scent of unwashed skin. OMG, these reviews are just EPIC! For those who enjoy the brand you can use that as guidance for what your personal affinity might be for Hyrax. It's truly barnyard on me. This is the animalic sibling of Incense Rose by Tauer, a fine niche in its own right. Please read the Terms of Service and Privacy policy. Hyrax is especially appealing because of its blackberry note, which I did not detect in my first try. The trick is this: 1.5 sprays maximum or 2 tiny squirts, and not on clothing. I would like to advice those who like animalic perfume to buy this while it lasts. Fragrances have been around for so long because they mask bad smells. Sample kindly offered by Atelier des Ors; opinions my own. Der Duft ist animalisch-würzig. Maybe my olfactory senses have lost their shock factor, but this isn't too bad. It is amazing how differently people smell and interpret scents. I just cannot picture someone wearing this, that sort of person must be very daring. Okay so I THOUGHT I knew what the word animalic meant. 5 with I just got the whole set of their samples and Hyrax was the first one I sniffed - and I love it!The musk here is lovely. Is this one more animalic than the CIVET? .., I had plans to shower anyways ! The sexiest man OR woman on earth (picture him or her) riding a horse naked and sweating on a leather saddle (or riding naked and bareback and sweating in ass-less leather chaps), and while drinking honeyed and spiced whiskey, sloshing onto their torso, with a bouquet of hyacinths tied up with amber-dipped vanilla beans covering their glistening crotch. Copyrights © 2006-2020 Fragrantica.com perfumes magazine - All Rights Reserved - do not copy anything without prior written permission. So animal. *Valid on any domestic US ground shipments. Beauty Almanac |. ❤️❤️. Long live the new king Hyrax!!!!!! Definitely not a safe blind buy and even buying the complete sample set, this was definitely my least liked of the lot. I fell for this each day I wore it. “White Collection” fragrances by Atelier des Ors, Follow Serenity Now Scents and Sensibilities on WordPress.com. I love a critter with some bite. It’s NOT straight-up poop. The hyraceum, while also prominent, is so well-blended with these and other supporting notes (eg saffron, rose, and vanillic amber and benzoin) that it smells like a golden, drippy, hot, sexy, sun-baked nude day. The dry down is actually more intense and I can’t detect any floral or woody notes at all. Hyrax is my 8th buy from Zoologist. The bold unisex perfume … Hyrax ~ "At the heart of Zoologist Hyrax is a daring, seldom-used ingredient in the art of perfumery –– African stone, or hyraceum, giving this bold animalic scent its distinctive signature. Haltbarkeit und Sillage sind überdurchschnittlich. Very strange. It’s a challenge, but viewed like homeopathy works in small quantities only I find it to reveal rather than mask the wearer’s own particular odor. It’s not unpleasant, just odd, unexpected. For the uninitiated, hyraceum is basically the fossilized shit and piss of the Cape hyrax - a rodent-like mammal. A hyrax’s … Hyssop also has religious significance. And I could not keep myself from smelling my wrist. I finally got my bottle and I thought it would be way more offensive than what it smells... wich is a bit underwhelming reading all the reviews below. - Zoologist. I confess, I'm not feelin' this one... A determined, tough nosed masculine fragrance. I don't get a fecal smell at all with Hyrax, but it does have a dried dusty floral tone that never overcomes the musky dry scent as the primary aroma. I don't think I truly dislike it because of how unapologetic the animalics are. It's for a man who drives a truck, no one else. In the current state of the fragrance industry, it is refreshing to come across a total oddball. out of One of the most unique is the ingredient hyraceum, or Africa Stone. This unique perfume skillfully blends saffron, pink pepper, whiskey, rose and musks to invoke an abstract image of a dusty African mountainscape. From the shade of a narrow crevice, a family of hyrax emerges, hot dust dulling the sheen of their golden fur. The perfume is beautifully blended so that the hyrax is considerably sweetened but it still remains firmly in the picture throughout the wear of this perfume. The perfume opens briefly with notes of coffee, violet leaves and turmeric before going to a floral heart of jasmine, rose and champaca flowers. I do like the opening, I get this image of the furry Hyrax, as it does smell like musky fur. This is the most animalic perfume I have ever experienced and it's just great. It is so strong it almost carries its own kind of distortion wave. At the heart of Zoologist Hyrax is a daring, seldom-used ingredient in the art of perfumery –– African stone, or hyraceum, giving this bold animalic scent its distinctive signature. If anything, it reminds me of Imaginary Authors' THE SOFT LAWN. Then someone put incense to hide it and failed. When Zoologist came out with Civet, people feared that it will smell horrible, like a urinal stall. When I scrubbed it off, I got a lovely tart floral with soft base notes of possibly wood and vanilla. Like the nimble hyraxes that spill from hillside crevices in search of the sun upon their musky hides, this scent will weave its way into your senses with a light but primal touch. Sven has this clinical sharpness in his creations and Hyrax opening is no different. Hyrax has that carnal attraction that is not obvious until someone reminds you you’ve been sniffing your hand a bit too much. The contrasting notes are slightly abrasive but soft textured for a week old stubble and low toned growl of animalic musk. Will not be everyone's cup of tea for sure and not mine either . I do suggest trying this out, but at the comfort of your own home. Heady in the sense of desire, anticipation, pursuit, even regret... Well, I'm an older woman, and I really wish my bed sheets had smelled like this in my 30s! I was eager to try this as I love Sven Pritzkoleit's Dark Rose. Personally for me, it immediately evokes memories of my travels to Africa. Hyrax is truly strange and beautiful as the notes gradually reveal themselves. Hyraceum is not only dog-friendly but has the tenacity and reach of (for example) Kenzo Jungle, and can be equally overwhelming at close quarters, if you put on more than 2 drops.

The Ranch Bbq, Century 21 Lloydminster, Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines Walkthrough, Car Tracker Meaning, Webull Financial Llc Address, Explaining Fibromyalgia To Coworkers, King Size Bed With Storage Underneath, Guy's Ranch Kitchen Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, Words To Describe A Priest, Girl Meets Farm Make-ahead Meals,