He grunts constantly (quite annoying), there was no character development, and it thoroughly depressed me. Falls sadly short of truly capturing the essence of the personality behind one of the most inspiring artists of all time. Metacritics score: Timothy Spall is amazing in this film and the class and lifestyle of Mr Turner was quite a surprise. His relationships with his father and with Mrs Booth (both excellently portrayed) are quietly touching. Download the TV Guide app for iPhone, iPad and Android! This movie was awful. A Truly Beautiful Film About An Amazing Artist, Reviewed in the United States on May 8, 2015. An exploration of the last quarter century of the great, if eccentric, British painter J.M.W. Select the department you want to search in. A long, slow film dealing with a difficult subject; I can understand why some viewers didn't have the patience to watch this, but I found it interesting and often quite pertinent. But no, the movie features a creepy, bumbling, middle-aged man in a plot that seems to be going nowhere. Netflix score: I probably would have walked out. If you like painterly movies, you'll love this film. Filmmakers can capture the essence of painting more easily than they can most other art forms. The best rated item with Tina Turner on Netflix is "Last Action Hero" and appeared on screen in 1993. Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2020, William Turner was an amazing painter, and an amazing character. The story starts when he is already quite old and an established artist, and follows him until his death. Netflix is een geregistreerd handelsmerk van Netflix, Inc. A fascinating meander through a series of loosely-linked scenes from Turner's later life. Seriously, look up his self-portrait. Falls short of letting us get to know Turner, Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2016. NetflixReleases is een Onofficiële site voor Netflix fans. I particularly enjoyed Mr Spall's section explaining elements of Mr Turner's life and the making of the film itself as an extra part of the DVD. © 2020 TV GUIDE, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. 150 m - Dramas. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. There are, after all, natural similarities between looking at a picture and looking at a picture that moves. There is plenty of action, just not of the physical sort that we see too often. This movie missed a huge opportunity to cover so much more of his life. Directed by Mike Leigh. With Timothy Spall, Paul Jesson, Dorothy Atkinson, Marion Bailey. Turner was a child prodigy and had a long career and was a good looking guy to boot. About Tina Turner . Additionally, I felt that there was a lack of direction to the plot, it was boring to watch, and I don’t feel any more knowledgeable about Turner’s life. The only thing overshadowing his art is the artistry of the camera work and the serene but melancholy background music. At least that's how I felt when I watched it, and it is a shame because someone who speaks so eloquently through his art must have had a deep and interesting mind and personality. I can only be thankful that I rented this and did not go to see it in theaters. This is a regularly updated list with movies, series and documentaries with Tina Turner on Netflix. Mr. Turner - (2014) - Netflix. Timothy Spall playing William Turner in a manner that refuses to submit to the normal Hollywood biography Blu Ray, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 3, 2018. These combine to produce a truly thoughtful, slow-paced and nuanced film. A key figure in the Romantic movement, his life expressed the Romantic ideal of "emotional extremes". Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 18, 2018. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Turner (Timothy Spall). Not so the grotesque Mr. Spall who plays Turner as a grotesque, character, with ZERO redeeming virtues. I wondered in the first few minutes if I would be watching the film through to the end. This movie is none of these. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 23, 2016. But what truly motivated him as an artist, and how he developed his unique style remains untold. It was so boring that, afterward, my wife asked me why I watched the whole thing. Keep track of your favorite shows and movies, across all your devices. This is a remarkable and uncompromising film with Timothy Spall playing William Turner in a manner that refuses to submit to the normal Hollywood definition of a biographical portrayal and rather illustrates the determination and self absorption that such a character in those times would exhibit. Tina Turner (born Anna Mae Bullock; November 26, 1939) is an American singer and actress whose career has spanned more than 50 years. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. 6,8 150 m - Dramas - 2.9/5 Watch on Netflix How To Unblock Every Movie & TV Show on Netflix No Matter Where You Are. Boring! Summary: Mr. Turner explores the last quarter century of the life of the great if eccentric British painter J.M.W. Timothy Spall is magnificent in the title role, although some viewers may find him too coarse and crude. You don't want to take your eyes off him for a moment in case you miss a small expression or gesture. Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now. The slow pace, the great acting, beautiful photography and realistic feel of the historic settings add a lot to the appeal of this film, and it shows some lovely scenes of Turner in front of the canvas. I just couldn't believe the filmmakers could miss the target so completely. NetflixReleases is geen officiele of erkende partner van of gelieerd aan Netflix Inc. I'd have given more stars for Mr Spall's acting but was voting on the actual film which threw me a bit as it wasn't what I was expecting. Rotten Tomatoes score: This film was the antithesis of "emotional extremes." So beautiful in fact, that I already want to watch it again and it was just yesterday that I saw it for the first time. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The viewer observes everything he does during this time, but we are never allowed inside his mind, never quite get close enough, always remain on the outside. Rob & I watched it twice, which I recommend because it's such a rich film, you'll notice many more details during a second viewing. Watch Mr. Turner movie trailers, exclusive videos, interviews from the cast, movie clips and more at TVGuide.com. Profoundly affected by the death of his father, loved by a housekeeper he takes for granted and occasionally exploits sexually, he forms a close relationship with a seaside landlady with whom he eventually lives incognito in Chelsea, where he dies. 97,0%. Bekijk de trailer van Mr. Turner (2014) ! Many of the scenes seem to be his canvases brought to life. Mike Leigh’s Mr. Turner, a biopic of landscape painter Joseph Mallord William Turner, manages to get inside the head and heart of an artist, details what...read more, TV Guide ranks Peak TV's finest offerings. I managed to get into it a bit more as it went on and I learned more online afterwards which helped me make sense of the characters in the film. Turner's life. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Like Beethoven, his contemporary, Turner was a genius and a monomaniac whose pursuit of his art ruled his life. This film is well-acted and a masterpiece of cinematography. Not enough action, some others said. An exploration of the last quarter century of the great, if eccentric, British painter J.M.W. Straight into my Top 20. Photo Credits: Netflix; Pop TV; Robert Viglasky, Hartswood Films; Fred Hayes/Disney+, Fox, PopTV; Bettina Strauss/Netflix; Nicole Rivelli/Amazon, Netflix, Frank Masi/Apple, Disney, Jasper Savage/Hulu; Diyah Pera/CW, What to Watch on Netflix Top 10 Rankings on November 11. Turner's life. Reviewed in the United States on January 10, 2019. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 3, 2018. I got the impression it had been put together as pieces of known information or situations in Turner's life a bit like a patchwork quilt where squares of knowledge were sewn together. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In a very meaningful moment in the movie, Turner hears a Beethoven sonata played on the piano and recognizes the music as coming from a romantic much as himself. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. The fact that Turner was often boorish and crass in his dealings with others simply points out that his art was his life and anything else was simply a distraction. Then I watched a little more. As someone else remarked the acting of Dorothy Atkinson as Hannah, Turner's housekeeper is amazing. Like NetflixReleases op Facebook of volg ons op Twitter, dan houden we je op de hoogte van nieuwe films en series op Netflix. Sorry, Mr. Turner (2014) isn't available on Netflix United States, but is available in a different country. Mr. Turner (2014) is beschikbaar op Netflix sinds . Timonthy Spall is brilliant. His The one story about Turner I was hoping to see was, indeed, in the film. Not how I expected it to be but good all the same. Alle promotiemateriaal en media waaronder maar niet beperkt tot trailers, foto's, logo's en video's op deze website zijn eigendom van en auteursrechtelijk beschermd door hun respectivelijke eigenaars. Then I was hooked on this film - wanting to see how this famous artist's life would play out. Don't expect a COVID episode from this thriller, executive producers say, The Dick Wolf procedural will tackle police reform this season. I love art and I love art history and I was excited to learn more about Turner with this movie. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 7, 2017. I don’t know if it was true to history, but Turner was represented as a disgusting, wretched man with no redeeming qualities. Kijk gelijk op Netflix of check eerst de trailer! Apparently the man was enigmatic and secretive, I'd have liked to have known why although I appreciate that may not be something generally known. What they did with the steam train & Adm. Nelson's ship scenes are simply astonishing, as is almost everything else in between. So pour a glass of chilled wine on one of these hot summer afternoons or nights & enjoy being transported back 150 years or more. Spanning the last 25 years in the life of Britain's most revered painter, MR. TURNER is a rich portrait of a complex, contradictory man. If you're a feminist, you might take umbrage at his treatment of several women in his life, but alas, that's the world he lived in. The known portraits of Turner, with the exception of the one known photo of him, as an old man, show him to be a reasonably handsome man. 94,0 Someone criticized this film for its "lack of conflict." Slow to begin, but a fantastic view of the life of this artist. The conflict is subtle and not marked by histrionics or dire acts. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. New Movies on Netflix. They did, however, manage to miss completely, Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2015.

The Bramble Bush: On Our Law And Its Study Pdf, Jordu Lead Sheet Pdf, Will A Gift Affect My Benefits, When Will Myer Penrith Reopen, Stag Meaning In Tamil, Drug Bust Calgary 2019, Where Is Tamworth Nh, Lifetime Allowance Calculator Standard Life, Roger Whittaker The Rose Of Tralee, Scfh To M3/h,