He was also known for his solo hit "Baby, Don't Get Hooked on Me". Januar 1942 in Lubbock, Texas; † 29. He made his fea­ture film debut op­po­site Nick Nolte in the foot­ball film, North Dal­las Forty (1979) and was listed as one of 12 "Promis­ing New Ac­tors of 1979" by Screen Worldmag­a­zine. He tracked down hus­bands who were fail­ing to pay al­imony to their ex-wives, to fund his own al­imony pay­… Mac Davis was born on January 21, 1942, in Lubbock, Texas. [1], Rock 'N' Roll (I Gave You the Best Years of My Life), I Never Made Love (Till I Made It with You), "RIAA - Gold & Platinum Database - Mac Davis", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mac_Davis_discography&oldid=981257491, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 1 October 2020, at 07:03. "I Believe in Music", often considered to be Davis's signature song, was recorded by several artists (including Marian Love, B.J. His discography consists of 19 studio albums and 38 singles. We have created a browser extension. [17] They remained married until Davis' death at age 78 on September 29, 2020, following heart surgery. His discography consists of 19 studio albums and 38 singles. [citation needed], In 1974, Davis was awarded the Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year award. Two years later, they were married. However, his ethnicity remains unknown. Though Davis was physically small, he had a penchant for getting into fistfights. This page was last changed on 30 September 2020, at 09:32. Scott ”Mac” Davis (21. tammikuuta 1942 Lubbock, Teksas – 29. syyskuuta 2020) oli yhdysvaltalainen laulaja, lauluntekijä ja näyttelijä.. Musiikkuransa alkuvuosina Davis asui Atlantassa, missä hän soitti rock'n'roll-yhtyeessä ja työskenteli Vee-Jay Recordsin palveluksessa. Congratulations on this excellent venture… what a great idea! The song became a success for Presley and he continued to record more of Davis's material, such as "Memories", "Don't Cry Daddy", and "Clean Up Your Own Backyard". In 1985, he recorded his last top 10 country music success with the song "I Never Made Love (Till I Made Love With You)". Davis performing at the Alabama Music Hall of Fame Concert in 2010. Davis died on Nashville, Tennessee on September 29, 2020 from a heart attack caused by heart surgery, aged 78. ✪ BABY DON'T GET HOOKED ON ME - MAC DAVIS - REACTION VIDEO! Scott Mac Davis[1] (January 21, 1942 – September 29, 2020) was an American country music singer, songwriter, and actor. It will enhance any encyclopedic page you visit with the magic of the WIKI 2 technology. [citation needed]. [15], In 1998, Davis starred in the sports comedy Possums, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. To install click the Add extension button. Mac Davis, the only white man in the room at the time, eventually told Bowen, "I don't know whether to thank ya, or to kill ya." In the song "Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me", he pleads with a woman not to become too enamored with him, because he does not want to commit to a full-time relationship. Boots Enterprises also acted as Davis's publishing company, publishing songs such as "In the Ghetto", "Friend, Lover, Woman, Wife", "Home", "It's Such a Lonely Time of Year", and "Memories", which were recorded by Elvis Presley, Nancy Sinatra, B. J. Thomas, and many others. [citation needed], Davis also guest-starred briefly in the 8 Simple Rules episode "Let's Keep Going: Part 2" in April 2004. She left him in 1976 for Glen Campbell, with whom she would have one child, Dillon. Mac Davis eventually recorded the tune after Presley's version became a success, and was released in a Ronco In Concert compilation in 1975. [3][4][5], In 1980, Davis hosted an episode of The Muppet Show. 9 pop hit). [3][4][5] Presley recorded "In the Ghetto"[2] in sessions in Memphis. Davis also starred in the 1981 com­edy film Cheaper To Keep Her, play­ing a di­vorced de­tec­tive who worked for a neu­rotic fem­i­nist at­tor­ney. [3][4][5], Later, he also became known as a country singer. In the 1970s, Davis released the albums Burnin Thing, Stop and Smell the Roses, Forever Lovers, Thunder in the Afternoon, and Fantasy. [3][4][5][18] They married in 1982 when she was 24, and they had two children. During his time there, he played on many of Sinatra's recordings, and she worked him into her stage shows. [12], From 1974 to 1976, Davis had his own television variety show on NBC, The Mac Davis Show. "I was 5 feet, 9 inches, and weighed 125 pounds. The song became his first Country music top 10 and a rare top 30 hit in the UK. His albums from the 1980s are It’s Hard to Be Humble, Forty 82, Soft Talk, and Somewhere in America. [7] He spent his childhood years with his sister Linda, living and working at the former College Courts, an efficiency apartment complex owned by his father. [2], From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, ‘In the Ghetto’ Songwriter Mac Davis Dead at 78, https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mac_Davis&oldid=7127832, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License. [14] He performed "Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me", "It's Hard To Be Humble", and "I Believe in Music". Of his 38 singles, 30 charted on the U.S. It sold over one million copies and was awarded a gold disc by the Recording Industry Association of America in September 1972. In the film, a dispute began between Sunny's manager, played by Garrett Morris, and Davis's character about what song he should sing. Would you like Wikipedia to always look as professional and up-to-date? It will enhance any encyclopedic page you visit with the magic of the WIKI 2 technology. He tracked down husbands who were failing to pay alimony to their ex-wives, to fund his own alimony payments for his own ex-wife. [2], Davis became famous as a songwriter and got his start as an employee of Nancy Sinatra's company, Boots Enterprises, Inc. Davis was with Boots for several years in the late 1960s. (It was translated into Dutch as "Het is moeilijk bescheiden te blijven" and became a hit for the Dutch singer Peter Blanker in 1981). [11] He made his feature film debut opposite Nick Nolte in the football film, North Dallas Forty (1979)[13] and was listed as one of 12 "Promising New Actors of 1979" by Screen World magazine. Morris Mac Davis (January 21, 1942 – September 29, 2020) was an American country music singer-songwriter, guitarist and actor. Davis left Boots Enterprises in 1970 to sign with Columbia Records, taking all of his songs with him. Mac Davis was initially a member of the group Zots. "We talked about having a family, but I was waiting for her to grow up," he says. Background information; Birth name: Morris Mac Davis: Born January 21, 1942Lubbock, Texas, U.S.: Died Cette section est vide, insuffisamment détaillée ou incomplète. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts between 1970 and 1986. You could also do it yourself at any point in time. Smith, and Kenny Rogers and The First Edition. September 2020 in Nashville, … I use WIKI 2 every day and almost forgot how the original Wikipedia looks like. He has released ei… Bobby Goldsboro also recorded some of Davis's songs, including "Watching Scotty Grow",[2] which became a No. He topped the Country and Pop charts with the song "Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me". 1 Adult Contemporary success for Goldsboro in 1971. Davis also starred in his own variety show, a Broadway musical, and various films and TV shows. She also left Campbell shortly after Dillon's birth. [11], On January 19, 1985, Davis performed "God Bless the USA" at the 50th Presidential Inaugural Gala, held the day before the second inauguration of Ronald Reagan. Other artists who recorded his material included Vikki Carr, O.C. The manager suggested Davis's "Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me", which Davis's character claimed just was not him. [2], Once Davis was settled in Atlanta, he organized a rock and roll group called the Zots, and made two singles for OEK Records, managed and promoted by OEK owner Oscar Kilgo. Morris "Mac" Davis (Lubbock, 21 januari 1942 - Nashville, 29 september 2020) was een Amerikaanse zanger/songwriter.. Davis schreef nummers voor tientallen bekende artiesten zoals Nancy Sinatra, Kenny Rogers en Dolly Parton.Hij is echter vooral bekend als schrijver van nummers voor Elvis Presley, waaronder "In the Ghetto", "Don't Cry Daddy" en "A Little Less Conversation". Of his 38 singles, 30 charted on the U.S. He is of American nationality. He was awarded a star symbol on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located at 7080 Hollywood Boulevard, for his contribution to the recording industry. [6] [19][20]. The film received mainly negative reviews and was not a box-office success. Currently, he is 77 years old. Thomas, Louis Jordan, Perry Como, Helen Reddy, and Davis himself) before it finally became a success in 1972 for the group Gallery. "In those days, it was all about football, rodeo, and fistfights. [citation needed], Davis next met Sarah Barg, then 16 and living in his apartment building with her mother. Davis was the first balladeer to appear on-screen to welcome the audience and provide exposition. A native of Lubbock, Texas, he enjoyed success as a crossover artist,[2] and during his early career wrote for Elvis Presley, providing him with the hits "Memories", "In the Ghetto", "Don't Cry Daddy", and "A Little Less Conversation". Oh, man, I got beat up so much while I was growing up in Lubbock," Davis said in a March 2, 2008, interview with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal newspaper.

Once And Forever Book, Riposte Dark Souls, Can Alpen Light Bars Be Used As A Healthy Extra, Nike Stussy Slides, Fan Girl Full Movie, Is Vanilla Extract Keto, Chocolate Genoise Mousse Cake, Sand Weight Calculator, Hdpe Pipe Sizes In Mm And Inches Pdf, Shine Banque Avis, I Can See Your Voice Season 1, الحمد لله على كل حال Meaning In English, Found Dog Regina, French Vanilla Cappuccino K-cups, Trevor Nelson Parks And Rec,