And so if I can be of service, I'm willing to do that.". Contact the Fire Department at 306-445-1770 to arrange the inspection of the fire pit. He is married to Heather and they have one son named Gordie. The Battleford's Region trading area is estimated to serve as many as 73,500 people. “I guess some of the main issues I brought up resonated with a lot of people,” Gillan told battlefordsNOW. Official results will be published on Tuesday afternoon. David Gillan has been elected as the new mayor of North Battleford. 10-11-2020 14:00 via cbc.ca. Whether it’s choosing the right location, insight on the local economy or municipal cost information, the city development team can help. Fill out the application and make payment. here to help you maximize your potential. The long-term security of our water supply, the relationship between the City and the new Saskatchewan Hospital, (and the future of the existing/historic building), the delivery of adequate housing, transportation, and recreational services will be in front of the Council within the next year. of Wilton, A festival hit waylaid by the virus, 'The Climb' peddles on, Battleford mayor weighs in on new council, leadership change in NB, 127 new cases of COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. I will be able to devote more time to my family and to my son, and that's a good thing.". “It’s starting the good work we all envision for our city,” he said. Getting our councils [on the same page] to try to find the best way to move forward, independently but prosperous, is very important to help each other out.”, 1711 100th StreetNorth Battleford, SKS9A 2Z5, Phone: 306-445-2477Newsroom: 306-446-6397. He has spoken provincially at conferences on topics including indigenous economic development, community event hosting strategies, destination marketing models, and professionalism for economic developers. Councillor Buglas enjoys being involved in the overall process of creating a vibrant and liveable community where people can afford to live. Humboldt's Michael Behiel received 760 votes, according to returning officer Mike Ulriksen. "I became a father during this term. Candidate John Kot followed with 2,316 votes and Nancy Nash got 287. New faces Alexis Christensen and David George round out the six elected. With long-time mayor Yorkton Mayor Bob Maloney not running again this year, residents had the choice between Aaron Kienle and Mitch Hippsley. PAfter two days, there are already several challengers for mayor and council seats in North Battleford. Gillan beat out incumbent Mayor Ryan Bater, with early results showing that Gillan brought in 1198 votes to Bater’s 988. Here’s how Canadians are commemorating, Eta regains hurricane strength as Florida prepares for hit, Browns' Mayfield activated from COVID-19 list, Sarah Silverman Guest-Hosts ‘Ellen’ And Chats With Anthony Anderson About His Mom’s Love Of Bingo, How To (Properly) Recycle And Reuse Candle Jars, New COVID-19 Symptoms Added to List, Study Finds, How to Roast a Turkey: Cook Times, Temperatures, and Tips, BMW iX Debuts As EV Tech Flagship With 500 HP, 300-Mile Range, Dress made of poppies helps small town mark Remembrance Day during pandemic, Austria proposes indefinite detention for those posing terrorist threat, Markets in V-mode: vaccine hopes, Biden bounce in play, NFL approves plan to reward teams with draft picks for developing minority coaches, GMs, 24kGoldn & Iann Dior Are in a Colorful ‘Mood’ for Their 2020 MTV EMAs Performance, For 50 Years, Canadian Women Have Needed Child Care. Present the firefighters with the receipt of payment at the time of inspection, We are here to create an environment that allows existing businesses to flourish while encouraging new investments, Investment and Business Friendly Environment, North Battleford’s relative size allows for a flexible municipal government that gets rid of the red tape for. We are here to create an environment that allows existing businesses to flourish while encouraging new investments. Among them are Saskatoon, Swift Current and Maple Creek. Previous mayor Rob Muench did not run in this year's civic election. “I’m glad to see the number of female voices who are willing to come out and be part of the municipal government in the town of Battleford.”. (File photo/battlefordsNOW staff), Weather, COVID-19 a factor in Election Day voting, Bater appreciates progress from time on council, hopes for good things to come, North Battleford Scouts shovel snow ahead of Remembrance Day, RCMP investigate break in at R.M. Mayor Bater was raised in North Battleford and educated at the University of Saskatchewan. We strive to achieve the highest ethical standards in all that we do. Councillor Lindgren was born and raised in North Battleford, and after completing a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from the University of Saskatchewan, he returned home to begin a career. Former Finance Director David Gillan and longtime resident Lois Laing have thrown their hats in the ring for the leadership position at City Hall. North Battleford vitality in this respect is exemplified by our brand new Battlefords CO-OP Aquatic Centre, NationsWEST Field House, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts, and the Northland Power Curling Centre. This section provides information for residents living in or moving to North Battleford. Some of the close contenders in the race who did not manage to get a seat of the total 13 candidates were Warren Williams with 741 votes, Matthew Parker with 726 votes, and Dennis Mercer with 700 votes. Bater is facing his first challengers for his position as mayor of North Battleford after being acclaimed in 2016. Saskatoon roads, services still being affected by Sunday's snow storm. Mayor Ryan Bater will have to run against two candidates that are familiar to many in the community. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. According to the Battlefords Real Estate Association, the average selling price of houses in North Battleford is about $190,000.00 and the average 2 bedroom rental rates are $676/month. In a video posted on Facebook, Ulriksen acknowledged the increase in candidates running for office this year. "I do care about the transition. North Battleford is a city in west-central Saskatchewan, Canada. E-mail Mayor Bater  Phone: 306-445-1728. We reserve the right to close comments at any time. He won 1,636 votes, compared to 1,246 for Nick Coroluick and 15 for Bruce Croft. "I became a father during this term. Lightfoot, his wife Brenda and their two children have lived in the Battlefords since the 1980s. Back row: Councillor Gordon Yarde, Councillor Doug Laing, Councillor Kevin Russell, Councillor Susan McLean Tady Front row: Councillor Judy Pruden, Mayor Ames Leslie, Councillor Shelley Boutin-Gervais The Council of the Town of Battleford consists of one mayor and six councilors. He won 1,636 votes, compared to 1,246 for Nick Coroluick and 15 for Bruce Croft. Besides the three mayoral candidates, 14 citizens put their names forward for city council. Candidates Lois Laing, picked up 74 votes, Misa Nikolic 40 votes, and James Sieben 50 votes. One of the main recreational attractions in the City of North Battleford is the Credit Union CUplex, a large state of the art recreation complex that includes the Battlefords CO-OP Aquatic Centre, the Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts, Northland Power Curling Centre, and the NationsWEST Field House. Residents frequently refer to the advantage of living within 20 minutes to recreational areas, including the numerous lakes and parks such as nearby Battlefords Provincial Park and Table Mountain Regional Park – two of the most popular outdoor destinations in all of Saskatchewan. Tolmie became mayor in 2016 and received some international attention during a good-natured 2019 battle with Norway over what place has the biggest moose statue. North Battleford. “It could have went either way.”, David Gillan has been elected the new Mayor of North Battleford. Councillor Hawtin has always had an interest in enjoying and bringing the positives in her community. E-mail Councillor Taylor. She wants to play a role in engaging young people and families to participate in shaping the City, and ensure North Battleford is a safe and community focused place where people want to live, work, and play. Hawtin was educated locally at North West Regional College and at the University of Saskatchewan for two years in the College of Commerce. Please feel free to contact Mayor Bater or Councillors individually, or click on the following link to send an email to all Mayor and Council. E-mail Councillor Buglas. The big winner of the night was David Gillan who was elected mayor, beating incumbent Ryan Bater and three other contenders for the spot. In 2005 he was named the “Economic Developer of the Year” by the Saskatchewan Econo… This can’t be something the governments do in silos and we need to be working together. It was an exciting night for candidates running in the City of North Battleford council race. It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges. ... Mayor Ryan Bater said: The reality is we require the provincial and federal levels of government to take notice of this and align their efforts with ours. “I just tried to be myself, and bring out what I thought were key issues.”. He is a professional Economic Developer whose career has focused on business retention and expansion, investment attraction, and destination marketing. Leslie, said he likes the composition of council this term. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Leslie, who has spent the last eight years working alongside Yarde in council, said he wishes his friend well in whatever venture he may take on next, thanking him for his years of service to the community. The big winner of the night was David Gillan who was elected mayor, beating incumbent Ryan Bater and three other contenders for the spot. It was an exciting night for candidates running in the City of North Battleford council race. Our newsroom abides by the RTNDA Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and follows the Canadian Press Stylebook. MacAngus is also looking forward to starting his first term and joining the team. David Gillan is the mayor-elect of North Battleford. So I became mayor in November and I became a dad in June in 2017 — two life-changing events. Around eight per cent of all eligible voters in Moose Jaw cast their votes early this year, the city said on its website. Ironstand said he is humbled by the support. He recently resigned that position to seek the mayor’s job in North Battleford, but that job still has about a month left to go as the town recruits to fill the finance position. The City of North Battleford Historic Archives has a collection of over 7000 photographs, 5000 negatives and over 200 metres of textual records.

Ina Garten Roast Chicken With Potatoes, Attracted To Older Men Psychology, What Was Brubaker Right About, We The Fest 2020 Schedule, Green Hornet (2020 Comic), Salt And Pepper Grinder Set, 1 Small Cup Of Coffee Calories,