Required fields are marked *. Never one to shy away from a challenge, Sideman will be bringing listeners tons of entertainment and great music every weekend. • Former 1Xtra Resident Nadia Jae will take on the Weekend Breakfast show • Sideman will host a brand new show in the Saturday lunchtime slot • Sundays on the station will become home to 1Xtra Old Skool. There are no changes to the weekday daytime programmes on Radio 1. It will also allow 1Xtra to continue to broadcast to its listeners, providing an escape with its music, entertainment and news during these difficult times. Mumbai-based electronic artist Sandunes explains her prolific creative process. I can’t wait to bring that energy to early morning weekends! Trevor Nelson moves into a new prime morning slot (10am-1pm) with the biggest R&B and hip-hop classics, while David Rodigan will bring the Reggae and Dancehall rewinds to lunchtime (1-4pm) and showcase new talent along the way. The digital station, which plays urban and black music, said it will focus on live programming to provide “community, solidarity and support” to listeners. The circle is complete as Rampage return home to BBC Radio 1Xtra.”, Heartless Crew say: “We had so much fun doing our show at 1Xtra so it’s great to be BACK! The digital station, which plays urban and black music, said it will focus on live programming to provide “community, solidarity and support” to listeners. Mark Strippel, head of programmes at 1Xtra, said: “During this challenging time I have taken the decision to simplify the 1Xtra schedule to ensure that we’re looking after our teams, and that we can continue to provide a great public service and daily connection when our audience needs us most. @1Xtra unveils schedule changes during Coronavirus crisis: https://t.co/MbuQ9oKGaC pic.twitter.com/MFtVKPlzmG, — BBC Press Office (@bbcpress) March 27, 2020. by DJ Ace. Ben Cooper, controller BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra, thanked … “I’m incredibly proud of how our 1Xtra teams have pulled together and delivered brilliant output under difficult circumstances. In 2009, the BBC Trust agreed to a further change to the scheduling of news content on 1Xtra, such that it could use the same format successfully operated by Radio 1's Newsbeat: two 15-minute news bulletins, one in the middle of the day and another in the early evening, with other speech features, profiles and social/cultural specials being broadcast on an ad-hoc basis within music-led shows, and with regular … Newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. The shake-up will see a host of legendary DJs take to the airwaves throughout the day to deliver the best in old-skool Hip-Hop, R&B, Garage, Dancehall and Reggae. BBC Media Centre - published 27 March 2020, 1.36pm edt. BBC Radio 1Xtra is making changes to its schedule to reduce the number of presenters and staff in its studios throughout the coronavirus pandemic. The trio, made up of DJ Fonti and MCs Mighty Moe and Bushkin, will bring high energy feel-good vibes to Sunday evenings with guest crews from across the scene. Radio 1Xtra will roll out a revamped schedule in September, it has been announced. Aaron Ross Presenter Anthea Lee … BBC Radio 1Xtra is making changes to its schedule to reduce the number of presenters and staff in its studios throughout the coronavirus pandemic. DJ Target takes over from MistaJam (Mon-Thu, 7-10pm), and continues with his Friday, 7-10pm show, as well as his simulcast show across both networks on Saturdays (1-4am). Copyright 2020 © GV Media Group Ltd. All rights reserved. Radio 1 and 1Xtra announce schedule changes. Expect a bigger and bubblier NJ with tunes and chat to start your Saturday and Sunday! The corporation has already announced that BBC Radio One will enact similar measures, with Greg James’s show among those affected. Your email address will not be published. Other changes will include a special version of 1Xtra Talks with Reece Parkinson every Friday between 11am-3pm, and a special mix show every Saturday afternoon between 3-7pm presented by DJ Ace. Many thanks to Jamz Supernova for holding it down every Saturday, and to Mim Shaikh who we look forward to discussing future projects with.”, 6-10am Nadia Jae10am-1pm Nick Bright1-4pm Sideman4-7pm Sian Anderson7-9pm 1Xtra Takeover with DJ Target9-11pm 1Xtra Rap Show with Tiffany Calver11pm-1am Diplo, 6-10am Nadia Jae10am-1pm Trevor Nelson1-4pm David Rodigan4-7pm Rampage7-9pm Heartless Crew9-10pm 1Xtra Talks10pm-1am DJ Edu. Having the Sunday show, the Residency, covering shows and being able to create content at a national level is priceless. A simplified schedule will be implemented which will see the length of a number of daytime and evening shows increase, with the priority being live shows. And Sundays will have a whole new look on the station, as the focus turns to all things Old Skool between 9am-9pm. A Celebration of Angolan Independence Day. BBC Radio 1Xtra announce schedule changes . A Gannett Company. Read about our approach to external linking. We’re really excited to have Nadia Jae join Weekend Breakfast and Sideman bringing the laughs to Saturday afternoons. June – Schedule changes at BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra see Adele Roberts presenting the Early Breakfast Show, replacing Gemma Cairney. BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra Controller Ben Cooper today announced a number of changes to 1Xtra’s schedule which will see rising star Charlie Sloth take over the … Being a DJ on Radio 1 for the past 11 years and 1Xtra for 7 years has been a childhood dream come true and it’s been a huge part of my life.I have made some amazing memories and … Meanwhile, 1Xtra favourite Sideman lands his first regular solo show on the station as he takes on the Saturday afternoon slot (1-4pm). Mark Strippel, Head of Programmes at 1Xtra, says: “During this challenging time I have taken the decision to simplify the 1Xtra schedule to ensure that we’re looking after our teams, and that we can continue to provide a great public service and daily connection when our audience needs us most.”, “I’m incredibly proud of how our 1Xtra teams have pulled together and delivered brilliant output under difficult circumstances. Wizkid announced as headliner for 1Xtra Live 2019. The new schedule will come into effect from Monday 30 March and will remain under review for the foreseeable future. It is important that we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times. The new schedule will begin on Monday and continue for the foreseeable future, the BBC said. • Former 1Xtra Resident Nadia Jae will take on the Weekend Breakfast show• Sideman will host a brand new show in the Saturday lunchtime slot• Sundays on the station will become home to 1Xtra Old Skool. Data returned from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired' callback event. A number of its presenters will also rotate each week and the length of some of its daytime and evening shows will be extended. BBC Radio 1Xtra has announced changes to its schedule to ensure it can continue to provide a sense of community, solidarity and support to its … Would you like to stay on the site, or visit the site. The corporation has already announced that BBC Radio One will enact similar measures, with Greg James’s show among those affected. Radio was integral to our initial success in the early days and it’s something that we’ve always loved to do. By England's students to leave uni early to stop the virus spreading. Expect a bigger and bubblier NJ with tunes and chat to start your Saturday and Sunday!”, Sideman says: “Having a show on BBC Radio 1Xtra is beyond what I believed to be possible or within my reach and I’m so happy and grateful for the opportunity. ©Copyright 2001-2020. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. By continuing to use this website you agree to our cookie policy. People. We will be bringing even more flavour and spice than we did the first time around. I’m incredibly proud of how our 1Xtra teams have pulled together and delivered brilliant output under difficult circumstances. BBC Radio 1Xtra is making changes to its schedule to reduce the number of presenters and staff in its studios throughout the coronavirus pandemic. “I’m incredibly proud of how our 1Xtra teams have pulled together and delivered brilliant output under difficult circumstances. During this challenging time I have taken the decision to simplify the 1Xtra schedule to ensure that we’re looking after our teams, and that we can continue to provide a great public service and daily connection when our audience needs us most. Current Weekend Breakfast host Mim Shaikh will be stepping away from the station to concentrate on his TV work, and will be discussing future opportunities with 1Xtra. Tim Westwood is to stop presenting his weekday BBC Radio 1Xtra drivetime show after three years, as part of a schedule reshuffle aimed to bring in … The 1Xtra Breakfast Show with Dotty will remain four hours long but will be from 7-11am rather than 6-10am. Your financial contributions are essential to protect the future of the publication as we strive to help raise the profile of the black communities across the UK. Benji explores future beats from around the world. BBC Media Centre - published 23 September 2019, 4.45am edt. Target has 1Xtra's ultimate guide to new music. “I’m incredibly proud of how our 1Xtra teams have pulled together and delivered brilliant output under difficult circumstances. Tough circumstances during coronavirus crisis see radio station make adjustments. MistaJam’s Drivetime slot will start an hour early, at 3pm, and run until 7pm, while the Breakfast Show with Dotty will remain four hours long but will air from 7-11am rather than 6-10am. Mark Strippel, Head of Programmes at 1Xtra, says: “During this challenging time I have taken the decision to simplify the 1Xtra schedule to ensure that we’re looking after our teams, and that we can continue to provide a great public service and daily connection when our audience needs us most. BBC RADIO1Xtra has announced changes to its schedule to ensure it can continue to provide a sense of community, solidarity and support to its listeners during the coronavirus crisis. Also returning to 1Xtra will be UK Garage veterans Heartless Crew, who take on the Sunday evening slot (7-9pm) to bring 1Xtra Old Skool to a close each week. Nadia Jae says: “I’m super shocked but so honoured to be taking over the 1Xtra Weekend Breakfast Show! Controller Ben Cooper has announced a number of changes to the urban station across the week.. @1Xtra unveils schedule changes during Coronavirus crisis: https://t.co/MbuQ9oKGaC pic.twitter.com/MFtVKPlzmG, — BBC Press Office (@bbcpress) March 27, 2020. Nadia Jae will take the reins on 1Xtra’s Weekend Breakfast show (6-10am) from mid-October. BBC Radio 1Xtra is making changes to its schedule to reduce the number of presenters and staff in its studios throughout the coronavirus pandemic. HP10 9TY | 01676637 | Registered in England & Wales. 1Xtra has a special connection with its communities, artists and culture. It will also allow 1Xtra to continue to broadcast to its listeners, providing an escape with its music, entertainment and news during these difficult times. The hottest sounds out of Africa, and DJ Edu celebrates Angolan Independence Day! BBC RADIO1Xtra has announced changes to its schedule … Late night music and chat with Snoochie on 1Xtra. Alice Levine, Daniel P. Carter & Huw Stephens are all part of Radio 1's new schedule. New schedule starts at BBC Radio 1Xtra. Part two of Annie's 5 decade celebrations, Annie talks to Ed from The Chemical Brothers.

What To Bring To Christmas Dinner, Wicker 5 Drawer Chest, Maureen Swanson North Bend Wa, Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Pc, Timesheet Project Management, E Trading Definition, Why Was The Bill Of Rights Created, When I Am With You There's No Place I'd Rather Be, Ghost Riders In The Sky Original,