One of them was 'ninja'd'. odd powers of theta function, Hecke eigenvalues. Why you’ll love it: Translating is always tricky. Wouldn't Buffy be a more appropriate reference to @Richard? Or is it? Starred Slytherincess/Glee chat comments and Starred Tango's swear words. Lord of the ring, Star Trek, Star Wars, Back fo the future, Games of Throne, [insert the rest of the list there], You should link to relevant support pages or blog posts for various hammer actions, Added some examples and corresponding images. A user going by the same original username eventually showed up, and started posting questions that seem legitimate. I don't think it's particularly noteworthy if people haven't seen Stardust or Doctor Who, say, or read Wheel of Time. - source. :). And then people started declaring everyone Jay Garrick; John Berg, bucky, steve, t'challa, Barry, Speed force etc etc and even you are Jay Garrick. Price: Free. Why you’ll love it: Looking through page after page of multilingual dictionaries, you’ll find that there aren’t that many options outside of the few most common languages. Meme: You are dead to me (mostly to Jack B Nimble), Scope: SFF Chat room (Mos Eisley), 2013 Moderator Election. It also boasts several non-English language combinations, so you’re bound to find a dictionary that suits your needs. Starred Slytherincess/Glee chat comments and Starred Tango's swear words. I feel like there's bound to be something in terms of frequent answers, both correct and incorrect, but I'm not sure what. In this way, it is similar to an HTML end tag like for creating strikethrough text, or for creating lowered text etc. :), Oops, I already said that! Does Google collect and store data about activity done in Incognito mode? Now, you can look for a word just by saying it, even if you can’t quite spell it. This is a based on HTML (or XML) tags, which have opening and closing tags. Sean Duggan: @JackBNimble: The question is, how long will it take before he asks whether the time-traveling robots can remove the slime from Toad's attack? -- It is Z (usually 4 or 7) powerful! Meme: How old is this non-Star Wars character who shares a name with a Star Wars character? Background: Originated with this question, followed by multiple others. Is "because bad writing" a sub-trope of this trope? It still doesn't make a lot of sense to me though. Do you? Tag Status: Of course there's a toads-spit tag! In order to use a language that is not your own effectively and respectfully, you have to be aware of all of these things. Should we re-instate the “many memes” Meta question? Why you’ll love it: Adulting can be a massive headache, which certainly isn’t helped by the legal jargon you may come across. A link to an article on TV Tropes is usually accompanied by a warning, since the interlinkedness of the site makes it an enormous time sink. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. if I drop a mass into a black hole, will the black hole's gravity be asymmetrical before the mass reaches the singularity? So here’s an app that helps break down those obscure words and opaque definitions, clearing up any confusion so you can make time for other pesky errands. Originator: Michael Edenfield Mar 4 5:14 PM. Why you’ll love it: If your tiny tot is starting to move beyond ‘mama’ and ‘dada’, this is a great app to build their vocabulary. T. Ever feel like you're living in the Future? Wednesday at 10:05 AM; TomMazanec ; Game Discussions. Buffy in the profile sheets, Thor in the mod streets. Background: Richard was attempting to tell a knock-knock joke about an interrupting cow named Gerald, but was thwarted by the system's question feed which generates preview links to questions, answers, and a number of other selected types of links, as it generated a preview link for a new question on the main site. K-9 contemplated suicide by sonic screwdriver. Toad's slime). What is it about tvtropes link disclaimers? Oh, and because I forgot to make this joke before: how does the new Deadpool movie relate to X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Which one is the actual meme? People who speak mostly in Latin or Greek roots are often considered elitist or snobbish as opposed to those who speak with Germanic roots and grammar, who can be considered un-intelligent, or homey. It appears that the people in the Arrowverse have yet to realize that literally everyone is Jay Garrick. I guess drinking Unicorn Blood does do good things for you. I'm done now.In the case of , it means that they were in a race to post first - the race is over now. As the season progresses, the viewer inevitably questions if each of them is really Jay Garrick, possibly even all of them somehow. It would be good to mention the (IMHO) absolutely amazing and artful lists of possible media included in many of those questions. Why Thor? As for why I answer SW questions, the answer was originally. Then definitely check out this episode of Annotated, where Rebecca and Jeff break down the details of the Dictionary War (yes, you read that right). What is the total amount of rep in sff.SE? scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/190076/…, meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/323706/…. Background: Paraphrased from 1993 Jurassic Park speech. I had a theory as to who Rondo is/was, so whenever he/she would post I would do a screenshot. Dead fish of JackBNimble. E.g. Since this time, even when Obie is not interrupting or ruining jokes, the Onebox previews are still referred to as "Obie". These guys and these guys and this guy and this guy and this ship and this pillow. You have slain something pure and defenceless to save yourself, and you will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips." and the follow up.. How powerful is X? Now, what have I done wrong or unethical this time that I have been banned again? "This guy" or "this person" are normal things to say. Similarly, Japanese has a strong Chinese influence, especially in literature or religion, for example. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out /  Adamant is a vampire, there’s really nothing else to say. Analyzing a medium in depth and pulling it apart by the seams teaches you to watch things critically — analyzing every aspect and codifying them inside your mind. :), Screenshots added courtesy of a very helpful Slytherincess :). ), Background: Based on a quote from the Doctor Who episode "Blink. Under load, you want your CPU to ideally stay under 80 degrees Celsius (176 degrees Fahrenheit), though some CPUs may run hotter when they're in laptops or small-form-factor (SFF) computers. To top it all off, kids can have some extra fun by recording their own pronunciation guides. Background: Born from the ashes of an unfortunate, older meme, "taco(s)" is now a hint to change the subject in chat to avoid unpleasantness. Lucas retcons. It was closed as well. Could Gambit rescue Rogue from Toad without injuring her? :). SFF Lounge. Another question was posted to replace it. Garden Dictionary; Edible Landscaping; Urban Gardening; Browse all articles; Plants Database . Back to Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange, possible identity of the original perpetrator. During Season 2 of The Flash, there are questions about the identity of Zoom, The Man In The Iron Mask, Jay Garrick, and his doppleganger. Consider this a duplicate comment ... :P. I propose to name this meme "Oh, my dear maths!". ( Log Out /  - source, according to Lucas, the story was always broken into 9 movies. ". If elected as Moderator I would [nurture] the site as well or better than the fish that recently died in my fish tank due to severe neglect. Luckily, there are plenty of superb dictionary apps that are here to help. (. Very well, thank you. Background: @ThePopMachine asks question excluding these guys and @Praxis answers question with The two guys on the right. I don't get it. You can take personalised quizzes that save your errors so you can review them later and brush up with daily words and phrases. Background: Tango said it, and it made it so. My first candidate is this comment from 2011) on main site. Background: DVK explains the warning provided with a link to TVTropes: don't follow the link or you'll waste half your life in a twisty maze of content. Scope: SFF chat — both (the now defunct) Mos Eisley and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. 2016 Moderator Election Q&A - Questionnaire. Is the spaceship in Flight of the Navigator a robot? The effect of sfz may be interpreted and explained in both dynamics (volume) and articulation. Background: rand made the mistake of admitting that he has never seen any of the Star Wars movies. "Michael Edenfield: If Toad slimed a drunk Caitlin Snow could The Flash run her home before she choked on her own vomit?" And, if that isn’t enough, there’s etymology. Almost 200 years on, the team has kept up-to-date, especially with the voice search option. The next 'grok' - invented words from SFF in everyday conversation. If you’re learning a foreign language, WordReference—with its whopping 18 languages—is truly the holy grail of free dictionaries. (Note: If you're not clear why Obie is a funny nickname, recall that OneBox can be abbreviated as "OB"), I thought Obie knew how to Twitter Background: Once upon a time Jack B Nimble had an aquarium [comic, comic, comic]. This app from Magoosh is tailored for all your GRE needs. Threads 1.3K Messages 33.8K. PearsonArtPhoto on chat. — The Tenth Doctor. This has taken on a life beyond its literal meaning in that even in contexts where it would be more natural to give the person's name, or respond with a longer sentence, we would be likely to start with just, This is a wider Internet meme, not specific to SFF.SE. While aimed primarily at issues with a certain type of question on Stackoverflow.com, the points made about the uselessness of asking "who would win" in a battle between x and Y turned out to be particularly applicable to SciFi.se. Meme: "JKR Math" / "JKR is bad at maths". Cultural Height: No identifiable particular peak usage of this meme. Why you’ll love it: Look, we’ve all gotten a litte too heated during a game of Scrabble, because that is definitely not a word. Sometimes I may say it in several comments in a conversation and only one got a star. Rondo's quest spread to other sites, as well: Eventually, the influx of time traveling robot questions stopped. Also quit blaming Richard for everything. Background: In the first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the antagonist Voldemort drinks the blood of a unicorn to keep himself alive.

Italian Chicken With Potatoes And Carrots, Carrot Cake Loaf, Cox Internet Reviews, When Does Supreme Drop, En Cambio No Telenovela, Words Ending With J,