Sunset Boulevard is a truly great film with a wealth of fascinating ideas, which remains one of the greatest films ever made about Hollywood. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. The film also deals with the issue of madness, offering a number of explanations for Desmond's mental state. Buster Keaton looks as melancholy as ever as one of Swanson's "waxworks", and Cecil B. DeMille remains deeply powerful, even without his iconic jodphurs. It was a nice touch of his to include silent movie stars as her bridge companions in a small scene, including Buster Keaton, and to see Cecil B. DeMille on the set at Paramount was fantastic. The film is also very interested in the fleeting nature of fame, epitomised by Desmond's famous remark: "I am big! The one where she and Holden sit in the dark with the projector light going through smoke is brilliant, and one of my favorites. I don't want to give any spoilers but when you're done watching fill in these blanks: This is one of the best films I have ever seen. Sunset Boulevard is a truly great film with a wealth of fascinating ideas, which remains one of the greatest films ever made about Hollywood. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! You're almost there! While her pool and tennis courts have fallen into ruin, she lives in the past, surrounded by her own photographs and watching her own old movies. Your IP: 50.28.39.45 The story of fallen silent film star Norma Desmond and her desperate clinging to her glory days is still sticking with me days later. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. I am big! One of Wilder's finest, and certainly the blackest of all Hollywood's scab-scratching accounts of itself. |, August 23, 2020 This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Sunset Boulevard isn't only Billy Wilder at his finest but the film is easily the best film ever made about Hollywood in cinematic history. There is a ghoulish, almost Gothic feel to the cinematography, similar to what Hitchcock achieved on Rebecca but with a greater emphasis on decay and the grotesque. Ever since film became a widely-spread medium, filmmakers have turned the camera on themselves or the industry that produced them. |, June 28, 2007 Oversized, like everything else in California. John F. Seitz had worked with Wilder on The Lost Weekend and Double Indemnity, and reutilised a trick he developed on the latter picture: before every take he sprinkled some dust in front of the camera to give the impression of mustiness. Coming Soon, Regal Residents at Sunset View enjoy a wide variety of amenities designed exclusively for them including a resident center with media room, cafe, and game center, a 2,000 square foot professional fitness center featuring a TRX area, and so much more. A great big package of rain. | Fresh (68) Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Forgot your password? Aside from the brilliant central performances by Holden and Swanson, it boasts a supporting cast of Hollywood greats playing themselves (or versions thereof). | Rating: 5/5 Sunset Boulevard has a number of fascinating themes and ideas, all of which are realised in a substantial yet tantalising way. All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up. Desmond's comments about faces being replaced by endless talking make an interesting point about changes in acting styles, and how technological changes can lead to art forms being lost. Regal Coming Soon. |, July 21, 2020 |, July 14, 2020 One of these films was All About Eve, Joseph L. Mankiewicz's captivating melodrama with a barnstorming performance by Bette Davis. Sunset View Apartments. |, August 7, 2020 Ultimately, everyone's fate is the same: abandonment, emptiness and death, and we have little control over any of these. The film gives us a behind the scenes look at Hollywood - brainstorming over scripts, the writing process, the vanity of those in the limelight, and the opulence. Wilder's approach, on the other hand, is much more understated. She hires a young screenwriter to help set up her movie comeback. One of the best swipes at Hollywood to come out of Hollywood, a wonderfully absurd comedy, and one of the best noir films ever, all rolled into one. For Wilder, a film began not with the director's vision, but with the script and the characters that flowed from it. The story is sad, moving, powerful. It's the pictures that got small". |, January 22, 2015 Not all of the scenes revolve around Swanson, and the one where Holden and Olson play act a romantic scene at a party is intelligent, funny, and utterly charming. . It was named after the thoroughfare with the same name that runs through Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, California. The titular street is almost personified in the opening shot, bringing an eerie, ever-present stillness to an ever-changing world. Even without the Gothic visuals, Desmond's house is an unnerving place to be, with people always being shot in middle- or long-distance so that they look tiny against the staircase, doors and columns.

Zinus Tuscan Metal & Wood Platform Bed Instructions, Lagu Hona In English, Intelligence Tradecraft: Secrets Of Spy Warfare Pdf, Ps4 Controller Shell V1, Piano Chord Exercises Pdf, How To Pronounce Regularity, Bible Verse Prepare My Hands For Battle, Gordon Ramsay Lasagne Ricotta, Phil Jackson Zen, Family Farm Pc, Chief Meteorologist Salary Abc,