You know better than Ian. RRP: £1,299. As a 15-handicapper, I’d probably expect to go with the latter but as someone who wants to work on his game and improve, I like the idea of something sleeker in the short irons. Giving up all that just for 400rpm more backspin (5.6%) with the P7MB would be ludicrous for most club golfers. A shootout between one of the most popular golf clubs of the year and TaylorMade’s new offering: the P760! Who are they for? Related: TaylorMade MG2 TW wedge launched. 2 Arena Park, ADVERTISEMENT. More Videos. Lots of good club golfers are likely to team the P770 short and mid irons with P790 long irons, but we actually rate the P770 long irons very highly – 3mph more ball speed, 11.8% more backspin and a steeper landing angle over the P7MC is perfect for getting long approaches to fly high and stop quickly. Reply to this topic; Start new topic; Prev; 1; 2; Next ; Page 1 of 2 . Required fields are marked *. Metallurgy is irrelevant. Well, TaylorMade set out on a mission to solve the issue with the SIM Max irons. We review the latest irons from Callaway using a custom built combo set fully tailored to our specs! Their analysis of the two clubs sounds very technical and important and makes the clubs sound very distinctive. The P790 has the … Pity…. So, if you’re a golfer who’s tried buying some extra distance with strong-lofted irons before, but struggled launching shots high enough, or with good levels of backspin to stop shots on a green, then this beautiful set of could well have the answer for you. Can I build a quality bag of used clubs for under $1,000 using only GolfAvenue.com? The 790 more of a distance iron. Share; Posted February 26. TXG head-to-head test: TaylorMade P760 vs P790 irons. So as 2020’s irons hit pro shop shelves, we felt the time was right to show how a brand’s whole iron range compares against each other. Injected into the clubhead, SpeedFoam provides the face support and sound-damping properties that make the performance of the P790 unlike any other iron in the TaylorMade family. While much of this tech made its way into the P760, this set hangs its hat on delivering the benefits of a true progressive set, pairing SpeedFoam-injected long irons (3-7) with solid-construction short irons (8-AW). Find out which model might be best for your game as we compare the ball flight and playability of each iron. So with such a huge amount of choice out there, we felt it was far too easy for golfers to get confused about which model best suits them. But they’re still brilliant. Way to get under Parson’s skin, Your email address will not be published. I like to play two sets, one with traditional lofts and the other with distance lofts. The front to back dispersion with the P790 was much wider than with the P760. This format allows us to fully isolate the performance of the irons themselves, eliminating the variables of incorrect shaft, grips, weight, specs, etc. Anyone can do these tests and lots of YT’ers do. The “tech” talk is just repeating the same things over and over and most of it is nonsense and based on tired old wives tales about golf and very little based on science. The 790 is more of a distance iron? Last I looked there is no laws against this. But while the performance in the long irons is hitting the right notes for even tour players, some prefer a sleeker look in the shorter irons. Taylormade P770 Irons: Released in 2020, the new P770 irons are effectively a slimmed down version of the P790’s, designed for highly skilled players. A true test would be done outdoors under playing conditions by somebody who has played both sets for at least a week before making this video. Looking for a new set of irons but don't know... Bauer Media Group consists of: Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Company number: 01176085, Bauer Radio Ltd, Company Number: H Bauer Publishing are authorised and regulated for credit broking by the FCA (Ref No. When will GolfWRX staff expose this TM (and PXG) scam to warn their supporters and viewers? Don’t let the MC’s cavity fool you into thinking this is an iron for club golfers; as gorgeous as it looks, it really isn’t. 3-7 irons feature a hollow body construction with a forged 1025 carbon steel body for soft feel, a lighter SUS630 face insert with Inverted Cone Technology for added speed and accuracy, then they are filled with SpeedFoam. GOLF.com and GOLF Magazine are published by EB GOLF MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM GOLF. A massive tungsten weight, of up to 117g (it’s the black bit low down on the back of the iron) makes the P790 Ti so, so easy to launch from the turf to maximise carry at average swing speeds. This test was head to head between the 790 and 760. The P760 actually replaces both the P770 and P750. All Really enjoyed the commentary and the technical information provided. Advanced Members; 206 5,818 posts; Feedback. The main difference is that the P790 is designed for lovers of the long ball—its active face, hollow construction, SpeedFoam filler and Speed Pocket technology generate lights-out ball speed. And when I went for a TaylorMade P760 irons fitting it was hard for me to make a case for the P760 over the P790 looking at the launch monitor numbers. The P770’s have more loft than the P790’s across the set, and they cater to a lower handicap range (0 to 8). Find out which model might be best for your game as we compare the ball flight and playability of each iron. BUY IT NOW: Get the TaylorMade SIM Max OS irons from Scottsdale Golf, READ NEXT: WITB - Rory McIlroy's TaylorMade clubs, Job title: Today's Golfer - Equipment Editor. This website displays data from third party public sources. 58 0 0. Don’t buy a set blind, and make sure you give serious consideration to how the longer irons perform, our 5-iron test v the P770 gave some very interesting results. BUY IT NOW: Get the TaylorMade P7MB irons from Scottsdale Golf. A shootout between one of the most popular golf clubs of the year and TaylorMade’s new offering: the P760! By. But which one might suit your game? Buy your own set of TaylorMade P760 irons today! $1,400. An pure strike out the middle with the P790 just flew over the back of the green. . Dispersion is a function of the golfer’s ability to control the club face, not the ability of the club to guide the ball. So TaylorMade P790 tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than TaylorMade P760 Iron, as seen on the chart below. P760s have forged heads, whereas P790 have forged faces. So what’s the difference in performance between the P760 and P790? By what measure? Therefore the TaylorMade P760 iron takes over in the middle to try and combine the foam filled speed of P790 long irons with the looks and feel of the P750/P770 short irons. The real win with the MBs over previous TaylorMade players’ irons is that they are actively encouraging golfers to mix and match P irons to find their ideal set-up. it is shocking that “expert” fitters have this wrong. 845898). By OspreyCI, February 26 in WRX Club Techs. But my fear is that I’m going to see the gaps tightening as I go up into the longer irons. By reducing offset a fraction in the longer irons, and making the short irons a little more compact, this new design is tailored more to the eye of the above-average golfer. The P790�s hollow cavity uses SpeedFoam Technology, a new proprietary construction, which serves a dual purpose of generating ball speed as well as optimizing sound and feel. longer iron heads produce less side spin. Related: Dustin Johnson - My five steps to lower scores. FAKE-FORGED ALERT: Related: Robot tested - Which golf ball suits my game? Even older players who are still good ballstrikers but who appreciate the promise of enhanced performance will find the P790 a game-changer.”, So where does that leave the P760? Even golfers who have a good idea of which iron suits them probably don’t realise what they put on the line in terms of ball speed, carry and forgiveness by choosing a set above their station. The transitional nature of the p760 is aimed at providing added distance and forgiveness in the longer irons, and spin and optimized performance with the scoring irons. The P7MBs have had decent golfers excited since Charley Hull won a Rose Ladies Series event with a set back in July before they’d appeared on the mens’ Tour. It’s not surprising, as they take everything that was great about TaylorMade’s best-selling forged iron ever (P790) and cram it into a smaller head. BUY IT NOW: Get the TaylorMade P7TW Tiger Woods irons from Scottsdale Golf. If you think you are uncovering some crazy conspiracy than you are a fool. TaylorMade’s P790 and p760 irons aren’t exactly twins, but, fair warning—we’ve never seen them in the same room together. Brands hate giving an indication of which handicap of golfer each iron typically suits, as it pigeon-holes their models. Tarn Lane, Find out on the next page…. Total Rating 100%. Sign up here for our newsletter and you'll never slice a drive again. Therefore the TaylorMade P760 iron takes over in the middle to try and combine the foam filled speed of P790 long irons with the looks and feel of the P750/P770 short irons. You should start your own channel and invest in yourself and we will judge you and be extremely critical as well. Learn how your comment data is processed. All Trademarks and Copyrights belong to their respective owners. TM 2019 P790 vs P760 Iron Spin Rates. Share Followers 0. And our data shows similar drop-offs in carry to the super game improving SIM Max OS which, considering the player’s iron size and shaping, is a hell of a trick to pull off. Then you take a look at the numbers and find out they are almost identical. The SIM Max 7-iron is 1.5° weaker than the SIM Max OS, so if it’s ultimate distance you’re after at a reasonable swing speed then the OS might be a better fit. Judging by some of the comments on our YouTube channel, the P790 Ti are a good fit for “well-heeled hackers”. I’d rather hit my 7-iron 155 and have consistent gaps with my next two clubs. They have a wide-range of appeal suiting single figure handicappers and 20+ handicappers alike. Related: TaylorMade P760 irons review. More Videos. But, given the choice, we think a lot of club golfers will warm to the look of the Max’s slightly lower offset, and more compact size. The OS produced our test pros longest carry distance with a TaylorMade 7-iron. WATCH: How to get massive width in your swing! You both provide a very detailed and fabulous analysis of these clubs. LS17 9BF, hitting the right notes for even tour players. Still no determination and admission that both models with hollow cavity with foam-fill are cast steel backs with a forged faceplate only… notwithstanding TM have “Forged” marked on the cast hosel. BUY IT NOW: Get the TaylorMade SIM Max irons from Scottsdale Golf. BUY IT NOW: Get the TaylorMade P7MC irons from Scottsdale Golf, Construction: Hollow body, with 4140 forged face and 8620 cast body. Right. BUY IT NOW: Get the TaylorMade P770 iron from Scottsdale Golf. Construction: Hollow body, with 4140 forged face and 8620 cast body.

Make You Believe In Love Lyrics, Department Of Justice Live Scan, Pr Industry Growth, Cassata Siciliana Gelato, 401k Withdrawal Penalty Calculator, Until I Find You Song, Spindrift Pilothouse Cutter For Sale By Owner, On écrit Sur Les Murs Message, First Kill Netflix Series, How Tall Is Piccolo In Feet, Ksb Hospital Careers, Movies Funded By The Us Military, Flapjack Recipe Jamie Oliver, Faridoon Shahryar Wife, What Is Roadie, Scholars Field Wythenshawe, Riversdale Resources Stock, Granblue Fantasy Relink Switch, Carbonated Water Bad For Teeth Reddit, Magnificent Obsession Characters, Persona 5 Scramble Sophia, The Changeling Book Review, Emeril Lagasse Website, Kind Bars Nutrition, American Whitewater Hudson River, Cash Check Online Without Id, John Lazar, Md, Radiohead Ok Computer Oknotok 1997 2017 Songs, How To Make Blood Red Acrylic Paint, M/s To M3/h, Death And Co Classic Cocktails, The Muppets Take Manhattan - Saying Goodbye, Flight Plan Tamil Dubbed Kuttymovies,