Biography Ritter was born in Murvaul, Texas, the son of Martha Elizabeth (née Matthews) and German American James Everett Ritter. He also has kinship to a couple of fellow celebrities, actress Raquel Welch and singer/songwriter Grace Slick. Ritter's recording career was his most successful period. Woodward Maurice "Tex" Ritter came from a long line of Texas horsemen. That same year, he moved to New York City and landed a job in the men's chorus of the Broadway show The New Moon (1928). He was the first artist signed with the newly-formed Capitol Records as well as its first Western singer. He was married to Dorothy Fay. For his contribution to the recording industry, Ritter has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6631 Hollywood Boulevard; he and John Ritter were the first father-and-son pair to be so honored in different categories. During this period, Ritter co-hosted a late night radio program with country disc jockey Ralph Emery. He made four movies with actress Dorothy Fay at Monogram Pictures: Song of the Buckaroo (1938), Sundown on the Prairie (1939), Rollin' Westward (1939) and Rainbow Over the Range (1940). The connection, above, of Ritter's given name to actor Morgan Woodward also applies to his brother Lee; who, as a long time television host and weatherman, re-purposed a discarded prop into the popular King Lionel and 'Granny' puppet characters. Well, Tennessee is the mother of Texas. The couple had two sons, Thomas Ritter and television actor John Ritter. Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1964. Born: on January 12, 1905 in Murvaul, Texas, USA, Died: on January 02, 1974 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Mathews), James Everett Ritter, Martha Elizabeth Ritter (born Matthews), Johnathan Southworth Ritter, Ritter, Jan 12 1905 - Murvaul, Panola County, Texas, Circa 1974 - Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee, USA. During college, however, he was bitten by the acting bug and moved to New York in 1928 to join a theatrical troupe. 1, 2, and 3 songs on Billboard's Most Played Jukebox Folk Records poll, a first in the industry. When Universal developed financial difficulties, Ritter moved to Producers Releasing Corporation as "Texas Ranger Tex Haines" for eight features between 1944 and 1945. Ritter then moved to Universal Pictures and teamed with Johnny Mack Brown for films such as The Lone Star Trail (1943), Raiders of San Joaquin (1943), Cheyenne Roundup (1943) and The Old Chisholm Trail (1942). Ritter wrote and starred in Cowboy Tom's Roundup on WINS-AM in 1933, a daily children's cowboy program aired over two other East Coast stations for three years. His family remained in California temporarily so that son John could finish high school there. His first release was "Goodbye Ole Paint". 1 on the country chart and eleven on the pop chart. He grew up on his family's farm in Panola County and attended grade school in Carthage. He grew up on his family's farm in Panola County and attended grade school in Carthage. Other Works Ritter began recording for American Record Company (Columbia Records) in 1933. In 1928, he sang on KPRC-AM in Houston, a 30-minute show featuring cowboy songs. In 1964, he became the fifth inductee and first singing cowboy to be honored by the Country Music Hall of Fame. That same year, Ritter recorded the movie title-track song "High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darlin')", which became a hit. His last song, "The Americans", became a posthumous hit shortly after his death. In 1945, he had the No. In 1980, he was inducted into the Western Performers Hall of Fame at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. In 1944, he scored a hit with "I'm Wastin' My Tears on You", which hit No. His first recording session was on June 11, 1942. He also performed on the radio show WHN Barndance and sang on NBC Radio shows; and appeared in several radio dramas including CBS's Bobby Benson's Adventures and on the syndicated TV show Death Valley Days. 1 hits "I'm Wasting My Tears on You" (1944); "You Two-Timed Me Once Too Often" (1945); and "You Will Have to Pay" (1946). Brother of Diamond Ritter; Ola Mae Ritter; Davie Hobson Ritter; Alice Lucille Power and Booty A Ritter. He appeared as The Cowboy in the Broadway production Green Grow the Lilacs (1930), the basis for the musical Oklahoma!. Other famous hits included "Deck of Cards" (1948) and "I Dreamed of a Hillbilly Heaven" (1961). 2 and pop chart No. His motion picture debut was in Song Of The Gringo (1936) for Grand National Pictures. Ritter can be heard as the voice of Big Al, an audio-animatronic bear at the Country Bear Jamboree attraction in the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort. His character sings "Blood On The Saddle" and continues through the finale as the rest of the cast attempts to drown him out. After graduating with honors, he entered the University of Texas at Austin; he studied pre-law, majoring in government, political science and economics. He sang "High Noon" at the first televised Academy Awards ceremony in 1953, which received an Oscar for Best Song that year.[1]. (McFarland, 1998). Woodward Maurice "Tex" Ritter came from a long line of Texas horsemen. In 1928, he sang on KPRC-AM in Houston, a 30-minute show featuring cowboy songs. "You Two-Timed Me Once Too Often" was Billboard's No. ...dna Margaret Ritter, Ola Mae Bee Ritter, David F Ritter, David Hobson Ritte, Lucille Ritter, Booty Allen Ritter, Ritter, ... Jan 2 1974 - Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee, USA, Diamond Edna Margaret Ritter, Ola Mae Bee Ritter, David Hobson Ritte, Lucille Ritter, Booty Allen Ritter, David Hobson Ritter, Lucille Power (born Ritter), Booty Allen Ritter, Private Mccauley (born Private), Private Williams (born Private), Private, Private Private, Ritter, Jan 2 1974 - Nashville, Howard Co., Arkansas, 1907 - Neuville, Shelby, Texas, United States, James Everett Ritter, Martha Elizabeth Ritter (born Matthew), Diamond Edna Margaret Ritter, Ola Mae Bee Ritter, David Hobson Ritter, Ola Mae Bee Mccauley (born Ritter), Diamond Edna Margaret Williams (born Ritter), David Hobson Ritter, Lucile Ritter, Booty Augustus Ritter, Burbank, Los Angeles County, CA, United States, Nashville, Davidson County, TN, United States, U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007. His mothers name was Dorothy Fay who was an actress. In 1970, he ran unsuccessfully in Tennessee for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate. Publicity Listings He is a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame. Woodward Maurice Ritter (January 12, 1905–January 2, 1974), better known as Tex Ritter, was an American country music singer and movie actor popular from the mid-1930s into the 1960s, and the father of actor John Ritter. Ritter did not return to acting until 1950, playing mostly supporting roles or himself. He moved to Nashville in 1965 and began working for WSM Radio and the Grand Ole Opry, earning a lifetime membership in the latter. Father of John Ritter and Private Ritter also had an older brother named Thomas Matthews (also known as Tom). We never have discovered who the father was. View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, Anti-liberals & Other People Who Supported Trump in Hollywood. He also played the part of Sagebrush Charlie in The Round Up (1932) and Mother Lode (1934). He made his national TV debut in 1955 on ABC-TV's Ozark Jubilee and was one of five rotating hosts for its 1961 NBC-TV spin-off, Five Star Jubilee. Son of James Everett Ritter and Martha Elizabeth Ritter Inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1980. Singing-cowboy star of "B" westerns during the 30's and 40's and later country-music recording star. Between 1945 and 1946, he registered seven consecutive top five hits, including "You Two-Timed Me One Time Too Often" (No. In 1950, "Daddy's Last Letter (Private First Class John H. McCormick)" also became a hit. He attended South Park High School in Beaumont. While many claim the high-top tennis shoe wearing, mildly acerbic irritant to other KOTV personalities as the most popular Tulsa personality, just as many embrace his cross town rival cartoon personality, created by the equally popular KTUL meteorologist and eventual college instructor Don Woods, Gusty; who was voted the first, and possibly only, state cartoon, by the Oklahoma legislature. His grandfather Benjamin Franklin Ritter (1834-1902) was a Confederate officer (2nd lieutenant) in Company F the 37th Texas Cavalry (Terrel's) during the War between the States. Ritter was married to actress Dorothy Fay on June 14, 1941, until his death. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. In 1935, he signed with Decca Records, where he recorded his first original recordings, "Sam Hall" and "Get Along Little Dogie". For a time, Dorothy was an official greeter at the Opry. He was the son of the singing cowboy star Tex Ritter and the father of actors Jason and Tyler Ritter.Ritter is known for playing Jack Tripper on the ABC sitcom Three's Company (1977–1984), for which he received a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award in 1984. American country music singer and movie actor, Source :  In 1932, he starred in New York City's first broadcast Western, The Lone Star Rangers on WOR-AM, where he sang and told tales of the Old West. 21. 3, "Pecos Bill" (w/ Andy Parker & The Plainsmen) 15, 1961 "I Dreamed of a Hill-Billy Heaven" 5 20 Hillbilly Heaven, 1966 "The Men in My Little Girl's Life" 50 Just Beyond the Moon, 1969 "A Funny Thing Happened (On the Way to Miami)" 53 singles only, 1970 "Green Green Valley" 57 Green Green Valley, 1972 "Comin' After Jinny" 67 Comin' After Jinny, 1974 "The Americans (A Canadian's Opinion)" 35 An American Legend. The Marshal of Windy Hollow (1972) - Windy Hollow mayor, The Girl from Tobacco Row (1966) - Preacher Bolton, Tom and Jerry (1965) TV series - alternate host, Ranch Party (1958) TV Series - regular (1958), Buffalo Bill in Tomahawk Territory (1952) - stock footage from "Where the Buffalo Roam", Flaming Bullets (1945) - Texas Ranger Tex Haines, Frontier Fugitives (1945) - Texas Ranger Tex Haines, Dead or Alive (1944) - Tex Haines aka Idaho Kid, Gangsters of the Frontier (1944) - Tex Haines, Marshal of Gunsmoke (1944) - Marshal Ward Bailey, Frontier Badmen (1943) - Jerry Kimball (cattle buyer), Raiders of San Joaquin (1943) - Gil Blake, Tenting Tonight on the Old Camp Ground (1943) - Bob Courtney, The Old Chisholm Trail (1942) - Montana Smith, Little Joe, the Wrangler (1942) - Sheriff Bob Brewster, Deep in the Heart of Texas (1942) - Brent Gordon, Vengeance of the West (1942) - California Ranger Captain Tex Lake, The Devil's Trail (1942) - Marshal Tex Martin, Roaring Frontiers (1941) - Tex Martin (listed as Tex Rawlings), Ridin' the Cherokee Trail (1941) - Ranger Lt. Tex Ritter, Take Me Back to Oklahoma (1940) - Tex Lawton, Cowboy from Sundown (1940) - Sheriff Tex Rockett, Pals of the Silver Sage (1940) - Tex Wright, Rhythm of the Rio Grande (1940) - Tex Regan, Riders of the Frontier (1939) - Tex Lowery, Down the Wyoming Trail (1939) - Tex Yancey, Where the Buffalo Roam (1938) - Tex Houston, The Utah Trail (1938) - Tex Stewart, posing as the Pecos Kid, Frontier Town (1938) - Tex Lansing, alias Tex Rawlins, Tex Rides with the Boy Scouts (1937) - Tex Collins, The Mystery of the Hooded Horsemen (1937) - Tex Martin, Headin' for the Rio Grande (1936) - Tex Saunders, 1944 "I'm Wastin' My Tears on You" 1 11 singles only, "There's a New Moon Over My Shoulder" 2 21, "Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?"

Average Snowfall In Regina, Corus Entertainment Stock Forecast, Resonance Hybrid Of Benzaldehyde, Chocolate Truffle Cake, New York City Police Pension Fund Annual Report, Balrampur Vidhan Sabha Result 2017, Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai Stick, Borelli Jersey Shore,