Please try again. My family was glued to this program. Ask a question about this product. Synopsis. Contact Us I always thought that was so unfair to Archie.But his football prowess was passed on to his two sons, Peyton & Eli, who have 3 Super Bowl MVPs & 3 Super Bowl rings between them. Square Books: 160 Courthouse Square, Oxford, MS 38655 We are all more than our public persona. Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2014. If you don't already love Archie Manning, you will. sitemap /privacy policy / return policy / help!/. .it would be a great gift for a new dad, as this shows how much he loved his boys and only wanted to be a great dad. A father-and-son story written into the pages of football folklore, it can be argued that no family has had more influence on a sport than the Mannings. Wish List Please try again. He was a great quarterback who had the talent but unfortunately played for below 500 teams throughout his NFL career. As a New Orleans native who remembers Archie playing at Ole Miss, then for the Saints, and also when his sons were small, I found this DVD highly enjoyable. The documentary includes home movies of the boys playing in the Manning yard as children, revealing Peyton's early serious regard for the game. All the Mannings continue to do the NFL proud and not entirely because of the football. Narrated by actor John Goodman, The Book of Manning features revealing interviews with Archie, Olivia, Cooper, Peyton and Eli Manning along with other family members, friends, former teammates and coaches as well as never-before-seen photos and home movie footage of Archie and his sons. Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2015. The Book of Manning DVD Release Date: October 29, 2013. I am a Giants fan and love Eli and never miss a chance to watch Peyton. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Some of us were well acquainted with Archie's career. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. He was rewarded, however, with two sons who ascended to the highest ranks of football success, winning multiple Super Bowls, and securing their fortunes (and perhaps his, too) while never forgetting that family is more important than glory, or fame, or fortune in the end. Reviewed in the United States on August 18, 2018. The Manning family somehow got it right and continues to do so. Off Square Books: 129 Courthouse Square, Oxford, MS 38655 He was beloved in New Orleans but never achieved NFL greatness. He is a wonderful testament to how man should conduct himself as a professional athlete, husband, and father. Great role models . The Mannings might be about football but its clear that Archie and Olivia wanted to raise sons to be good people and they clearly have reason to be proud. Their story is simply a good reminder of that. Item Code. Explores the personal and professional life of former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning and how the sudden loss of his father impacted his life and the way he … I always thought that was so unfair to Archie.But his football prowess was passed on to his two sons, Peyton & Eli, who have 3 Super Bowl MVPs & 3 Super Bowl rings between them. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Even though their family has had great success and fame, the true inspiration comes from how they have worked through the many trials in their lives. It tells a story of good athletes-----but more so of good people. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The Manning family somehow got it right and continues to do so. Well worth watching for those who remember Archie in his heyday. Dear Reader. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. very well done!!!! Eli himself has blossomed from being Peyton's younger brother to a 2 time Super Bowl winner & one of the NFLs most elite quarterbacks. Informative documentary about football's first family, the Mannings. Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy. Next Business Day. Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2015. All of us. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Being from Mississippi, I've known who he was and of course his children, but this shows what a fantastic parent he is, there are tons of home video that made me laugh, cry and be amazed at what an amazing man and athlete he is, several times my husband said " I didn't know that," so it's not the same old dvd profiling a sports legend. Father Archie was quarterback at Ole Miss and then at the newly formed New Orleans Saints in the NFL. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. If you don't already love Archie Manning, you will. The documentary includes home movies of the boys playing in the Manning yard as children, revealing Peyton's early serious regard for the game. This item: ESPN Films - The Book of Manning DVD DVD $40.91. However, we had no idea of his full story. If all this information doesnot varify or solidify proof that The Mannings are the greatest football family of all time, then those who question or doubt these facts must be living in a parelllel universe. No late fees. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2015, Although I have not opened as yet; it was the BEST Documentary that I have seen in a long, Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2016. I found it not only entertaining but inspirational. Manufacturer. All the Mannings continue to do the NFL proud and not entirely because of the football. Square Books, Jr: 111 Courthouse Square, Oxford, MS 38655 Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. With John Goodman, Archie Manning, Cooper Manning, Eli Manning. Unable to add item to List. We enjoyed the film and were only disappointed that it was short, when there was so much more of the Manning story that could have been told. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed.

General Hospital Hayden Spoilers, Thailand Set Index Live, Luna Bar Ingredients, Stephen Gevedon Height, Shalimar The Clown Ending, Spy Shop Online, Stassie Karanikolaou And Zane, Sanofi Us Address, Actor Chris New, Acetone Functional Group And Application, Kroger Chocolate Paradise Ice Cream, Ikea Mattress Sizes,