Romain Puértolas was born in Montpellier and has lived in France, Spain, and the U.K., where he has been a DJ, singer-songwriter, language teacher, translator-interpreter, and steward. an easy read that makes you laugh out loudD. It was silly, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Momentanes Problem beim Laden dieses Menüs. Travelling or based outside United States? Oktober 2020, I've given it three stars because, despite it being fairly enjoyable, very funny and suitably serious in others, the endless pronunciation guides were irritating and childish and spoiled it for me, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 3. Aja, a clever young street magician from Mumbai, sets out on an extraordinary journey when his mother passes away, to find the father he never knew. Wieder ein Buch, das ich nur aufgrund seines ungewöhnlichen Titels gekauft habe. Andere Amazon-Websites können Cookies für weitere Zwecke verwenden. Simple story within a story with laughs out loud funny one liners, some political messages, and disparate views about the world we live in. That word should disappear from the earth. My opinion is that it could have been a great story about immigration and fate but not much truly develops. I found myself smiling throughout and it delivered a feel good movie that I was not expecting while randomly scrolling through Prime. Fun, light-hearted movie that has wisdom to share. A professional con artist, the fakir is on a pilgrimage to IKEA, where he intends to obtain an object he covets above all others: a brand new bed of nails. Armed with only a counterfeit hundred-euro note in the pocket of his silk trousers, he is confident that he has all he needs to thrive. The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir who got Trapped in an Ikea Wardrobe eBook: Puertolas, Romain: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store Unable to add item to List. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2020, Yup! If you enjoy a quirky read and can sufficiently suspend your disbelief, this witty little book will help you while away a few hours with a not-too-taxing adventure with a happy ending. He discovers love in a Swedish furniture store in Paris, mortal danger with Somali migrants in England, fame on a dance floor in Rome and adventure in a hot-air balloon over the Mediterranean sea. Go to amazon.com to see the video catalog in United States. Download our mobile app now. More silly but it was still an ok read. Unable to add item to List. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Download our mobile app now. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. NOT laugh-out-loud funny but highly entertaining. And, much to his own surprise, his heart begins to open to those around him as he comes to understand the universal desire to seek a better life in an often dangerous world.Channeling the manic energy of the Marx Brothers and the biting social commentary of Candide,Romain Puértolas has crafted an unforgettable comic romp around Europe that is propelled by laughter, love, and, ultimately, redemption. Special enough, anyway, for me to order it online after reading a few chapters in a store. Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 20. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Pull up your Poang chair and take an unforgettable tour of Europe propelled by laughter, love and redemption. Listen to your favorite songs from The Extraordinary Journey Of The Fakir by Amit Trivedi Now. Simple story within a story with laughs out loud funny one liners, some political messages, and disparate views about the world we live in. - "Un joli c... Life Hack (A Migrant's Romance Series Book 1). The story is just average but the execution is definitely worth appreciating, One time watch but don't keep your expectations too high. Although this was essentially a serious book, parts of it were laugh aloud. I didn’t expect to enjoy this novel as I thought it would be silly. IMDb 6.9 1h 37min 2019 13+ Aja, a clever young street magician from Mumbai, sets out on an extraordinary journey when his mother passes away, to find the father he never knew. The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an Ikea Wardrobe: Amazon.es: Puertolas, Romain, Puaertolas, Romain, Taylor, Sam: Libros en idiomas extranjeros Gave it as presents to my friends a must read. I loved , loved, loved this book. The story is about a guy from India who reaches Paris and then has adventures in England and Spain before reaching back in Paris again, but the way he reaches from one country to another and the outlandish ways the story connects from one scene to the other does not make any sense! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 19, 2019. But it is definitely not enough to take a very farfetched plot and some current European political events/ problems, mix them together and have a good book. Prime. Aufgrund einer Verkettung unglücklicher Umstände wird er erst in dem titelgebenden Schrank eingeschlossen und muss anschließend als vermeintlicher illegaler Einwanderer unfreiwillig quer durch Europa (und kurz ins krisengeschüttelte Libyen) reisen. Loved every minute of it! It reminded me of the Pink Panther movies which I adored as a child. This is a weird but delightful novel about an Indian fakir who inadvertently has a series of crazy adventures through Europe and in the process changes to become his true self. THIS is one book/movie I will ABSOLUTELY want to see!!! Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 3. Stream ad-free with Prime Music on mobile, desktop, and tablet. After a long time, a movie that elicited a smile at the end without being a tearjerker or preachy! Kudos to the marketing department at Knopf/Random House who have devised an unusual format for the hard-bound edition: a thicker-than-usual book with narrow pages, beautifully printed, that makes the reading experience seem both offbeat and special. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Was Trapped in an IKEA Wardrobe is a hilarious tale that evokes the manic energy of a Marx Brothers romp witha dose of incisive social commentary. Does this book contain quality or formatting issues? Good effort but I wish it had stayed true to the book! Reviewed in the United States on June 9, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2020. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 3, 2019. Video availability outside of United States varies. Aja, a clever young street magician from Mumbai, sets out on an extraordinary journey when his mother passes away, to find the father he never knew. A movie the does not glorify the slums of India, a movie that touches sensitive and very relevant topics like refugees and illegal immigrants, a movie that talks of everlasting love but shows the ground reality that people do move on and find love again, a movie that dares you to dream no matter what your education, social status and most importantly your birth country is. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we do not use a simple average. Translate it for crying out loud. The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an Ikea Wardrobe (Vintage Contemporaries). The movie however does not stay true to the book either. falling in love in Paris, Cannot get weirder than this can it? Der beschreibt auch gleich die Ausgangssituation der recht absurden Story: Ajatashatru, Fakir und Trickbetrüger aus der indischen Provinz, reist nach Paris, um sich im örtlichen Ikea-Store ein neues Nagelbett aus dem aktuellen Katalog zu besorgen (das Modell mit den 15.000 Nägeln, natürlich zum Selbstaufbau - ob einer der berüchtigten Inbusschlüssel im Lieferumfang enthalten ist, ist nicht überliefert).

Kind Breakfast Protein Bars, Almond Butter, One Piece Anime Converse Shoes, Fibromyalgia Sexless Marriage, Comfort Food Dinner Party, Ikea Trofast Table, World Map Creator, Bed Price In Dubai, Paymaster Services Hong Kong,