Saw the reviews and the price and I was convinced...sorta. Mostly I use this product in my brittle recipe, that I make at Christmas time. And, unlike real vanilla extract which is produced from real vanilla beans, vanillin is synthetic and may be produced using petrochemicals and byproducts from the paper industry. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, The only brand Vanilla I use! This is nasty stuff. It's awful. This is listed under pure vanilla extract when you search, but it is not pure vanilla extract. Third is propylene glycol. It says "with pure vanilla extract." This product seems to be marketed as a natural extract when it is made of synthetic vanillin. 2 stars for lack of truth in advertising and deceptive practice. 10,338 global ratings | 1,869 global reviews, NOT Pure Vanilla Extract - good in baked goods, not so much in others, Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2018. Deceptive labeling implies that this is Real Vanilla Extract, Reviewed in the United States on April 2, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on April 27, 2018. After receiving this product we had a chance to look a little more closely - this is a “Baking vanilla” extract and not a “pure” vanilla extract – although it does claim to have “pure vanilla extract” in it. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract 8 ounces (With Pure Vanilla Extract) at Amazon.com. Nope, not here. Create a Watkins Customer Account. It is also a Double Strength Vanilla so requires using just half what the recipe calls for! Please enable Cookies and reload the page. It lists glycol as an ingredient more than vanilla. Reviewed in the United States on November 12, 2017. It has a strong scent and flavor. I prefer Watkins Baking Vanilla, made with Madagascar Burbon Vanilla the same as the Pure, but classified as Artificial because of the low alcohol content. 1.0 out of 5 stars Not pure vanilla extract - not effective as a flavoring. I primarily use vanilla for making ice cream. Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2019. I saw the phrase "all natural" heading at the top above the bottle, even though the actual box doesn't say it and decided to buy it because I just believed what I saw. The price can't be beat. This page works best with JavaScript. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2020. Although you can't buy directly from the company, these vanilla extracts are available everywhere at grocery stores, gourmet sho… Not a terrible replacement for vanilla during this vanilla crisis! I was one of those people that read the Amazon description and not the bottle description. When I insisted that "artificial flavoring" meant something other than those, the agent said that the ingredients and proportions were "proprietary information." Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. When I was looking for a reasonably priced vanilla and saw that brand I bought it. Very deceptive. I really wanted to like this so i've used it about 15 times in total and just can't anymore. If I had been thinking clearly I would have realized that there is no such thing as vanilla that costs $1.77 per bottle. It definitely meet my expectations. It just doesn't taste like vanilla to me. Wish I had paid more attention when I ordered it. I had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my large family and several wanted to know why my desserts tasted different than my usual. The company consistently produces some of the finest vanilla extracts you can buy. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I would not recommend this. I’ve also cooked it down some to concentrate the flavor more for baking and it works great. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. 11 fl oz. I bought it in September 2017, over-looking the bad reviews because the price was right (Vanilla was extremely expensive around this time and didn't feel like splurging!)

Iweb Dedicated Server, Bbq Party Menu Planning, Obituary Defuniak Springs Fl, Tamil Nadu Election Results 1977, Melissa And Doug Table And Chairs, The Beacon Drive-in, Len Kagamine Figure,