"Welcome aboard" became a running joke in our family. One famous part of the city gave him less than 3.5% of its share. Definitely not a child friendly movie. "It's like having your cake and eating it too," Hodo said with a hoot. Red October was a Paramount production done in 1990 and Down Periscope was done by 20th Century Fox in 1996. "I think all that death-of-disco stuff has paved the way for what's happening now. At some point afterwards, Dodge decides to take a shot at the ship with two torpedoes. His crew consists of the Navy's worst misfits and troublemakers. "Morali wanted it to be much different than it is now," Hodo explained. Joe Biden texted me relentlessly. Much of our current audience wasn't even around when we were popular. The sub is faster and its sonar detection gear works much better submerged. The movie has been out for a long time and we have watched it a lot over the years and we still laugh every time we see it. Starring: Kelsey Grammar, Rob Schneider, Lauren Holly, Rip Torn This movie is a classic family favorite. I just watched it again last night with someone who had never seen it, and I laughed just as hard as the first time I watched it. "Down Periscope" starts out poorly, maintains a flat foolishness and then ends with a fizzle. World-renowned SF event canceled for 2021. 92 min Enlisted persons are addressed by their last name. "policeman" Raymond Simpson singing the vocal supplied by the original "Hot Cop," Victor Willis, now a local resident. Soundtrack Credits . Hugh Wilson (story). Start within 30 days, finish within 48 hours. Well cast, the only "against marks" would be for too dark underwater scenes when submerged.. Unfortunately, he was granted permission for a transfer off of this Earth. Iconoclastic Lt. When the debut Village People album was released in 1977, Willis and Rose were joined by session singers: The rest of the group hadn't been created yet. Lt. Cmdr. "Frasier" star is a large guy who knows how to pull off little jokes and he offers a refreshing change from wiry dumber-than-dumb comedy heroes who pride themselves on overblown stunts. Tom Dodge is assigned as Captain to the USS Stingray, … The new version sounds remarkably like the 1979 smash with current. Now she's rebuilding her life. Draymond to Bron: 'Y’all can go to the White House and... How the Bay Area is celebrating the historic Biden/Harris victory, These SF neighborhoods had the highest turnout for Trump. Suspected Green Day side project releases 'Ivankkka... Iconic SF landmark lights up the Castro again. As he turns to walk out of the Captain's cabin, the orders are unfolded in his hand again. Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2018. The tubes are not loaded until the end of the movie. Only with the club and TV appearances that followed the subsequent "Macho Man" album did Morali's ideas become literally fleshed out. RAdm. By purchasing this item, you are transacting with Google Payments and agreeing to the Google Payments. Rob Schneider as the high-strung Executive Officer Lt. Martin Pascal is particularly ham-fisted and the rest have about one defining characteristic each. The. | If Jackson played basketball for the Navy, he would have been at the Academy thus making him an officer by now and not enlisted. Military Women in Uniforms, Hats, and Helmets, Sign On: Fictional Movie and TV Sub Crews. Barry Walters, EXAMINER STAFF CRITIC. Anti Nitpicker Wiki is a FANDOM Movies Community. "We thank God that we have "YMCA' to sing. He also winds up in competition with the corps' model of military perfection (Elwes) for the heart of the base's sultry psychiatrist (Golino). In the scene when Pascal is being made to walk the plank, Lake seems surprised that he fell onto a fishing boat. Be All That You Can Be Written by Jake Holmes. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. They deserve a comeback. Eric Anzalone, the group's official fill-in member, substituted during the video shoot for "leatherman" Glenn Hughes, who was at home recuperating from a flu picked up during a performance in Atlantic City. I bought this movie years ago in America while on holiday! Rentals are not eligible. We used to watch it as kids (good job mom), so it was a nice blast to the past. Commander, Commander and Captain are three different ranks. Kelsey Grammer stars as Lt. It was his dvd. Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on July 25, 2020, when I ordered this movie I was a little dubious at first, the reason i say this is from the distributor of this movie { CD Imports } I was concerned that this only played in Region 2 in Europe but my apprehension was quickly relived, Reviewed in the United States on March 16, 2017. | In fact, not addressing the CO by "Skipper" or "Captain" can be found insulting or disrespectful by the CO. • Kelsey Grammer as Lt. Surfacing would actually make the Orlando's job more difficult. I've no false hopes that this movie will win any awards. We're really a bunch of hams. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. ", " "YMCA' was originally created as album filler," Briley pointed out. Locals danced in the streets, poured champagne, and cheered in joy. Charlton Heston stars in this riveting drama involving a nuclear submarine and her crew trapped 1,450 feet underwater. Navy sailors do not salute indoors or uncovered. Captain Dodge, rather than talk to Admiral Graham over the radio, won a radio call-in contest. Knox - who perhaps is another mustang. It was constructed in 1937-38, served and survived WWII, and was scrapped in 1946. Now she's rebuilding her life. Freed from the execrable script, Grammer and company exhibit the playful goofiness that this leaden dud lacks. PG-13 When the Stingray is taken for its dive test, the tube ready board shows tubes 1 and 2 ready to fire. The 'Pampanito', the sub used in the movie, is a museum at pier 45 in San Francisco. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. The bridge set on the USS Orlando is the same one used by the Russian sub Red October in the film "The Hunt for Red October".   |  After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Lt. Cmdr Tom Dodge (Kelsey Grammer) is one of the Navy's best, even if he is a bit unconventional. Throughout the movie enlisted personnel are addressed as "Mister". Yancy Graham says, "He's gone AWOL with U.S. government property". Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 4, 2014. This film had silly aspects, serious aspects, for me actually provoked some thought, and was VERY entertaining. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. When Knox rejects the possibility that a Diesel-powered contact could be a submarine, he ignores the fact that the US Navy is the only navy in the world with an all-nuclear submarine fleet and frequently exercises with allied navies. But to take command of his own ship, he must first prove himself in simulated combat. Discover what to watch this November, including a documentary series that dives deep into the Marvel Universe, a reboot of a beloved '90s animated series, and a special that celebrates a very important Star Wars holiday. Knox) he is only a Lieutenant Commander (equivalent to a Major in ground/air forces). What you can't read is how good the acting is. Commander Dodge'. But I can't even look at the case. Watch your language, Dodge, you know how I hate that! "Down Periscope' caroms off the Village People. He's older, balder and more bearish than the typical leading man and his imposing physical presence is in contrast to his subtle humor. Lt. Cmdr. I can't watch it. The one hope for Captain Paul Blanchard (Heston) and his crew lies with an experimental submersible piloted by Stacy Keach and Ned Beatty. Rentals are not eligible. My husband and I watch this movie every couple of months and it always has us crying from laughing so darn hard. 20 January 2015 3 March 1996, 10 July 2019 Dodge is shocked when he's put in command of the rusty and outdated USS Stingray. Miraculously, in this age of AIDS, all the original Village Persons are still alive.   |  Comedy. "He wanted it to be very heavy. 11 California counties fall back to more restrictive tiers as COVID-19 surges, These Bay Area residents vanished and have never been found, Trump threatens more damage on his way out of office, with complicity from the GOP, Trump lawyers suffer embarrassing rebukes from judges over voter fraud claims, Mississippi Republican calls for his state to 'succeed from the union' after Biden victory, This TCL 55 inch 4K Roku Smart TV is $148 and bound to sell out in minutes, This gaming laptop is at its lowest price ever right now, Get this 2-in-1 HP Chromebook for $179 at Walmart, You can get this Lenovo laptop for $150 on Wednesday, You can get a Chromebook for $129 on Black Friday, New CDC study: Masks protect wearers from contracting COVID-19. Good for teenagers and adults. This world-class SF athlete tripped with Jerry Garcia. At the end of the movie, the 3-star Admiral addresses Dodge as 'Commander Dodge'. Diesel subs run on battery power while submerged. In both cases it appears as if the Stingray were submerged when they fired the torpedoes, not running on top as it showed prior to firing the torpedoes. He is clearly a mustang (non commissioned officer who, after an OCS course, receives a commission), as after 20 years (according to his conversation with Cmdr.

Better Homes Dubai Reviews, Untold Story Travel, Calcasieu Parish Schools, Kennedy Space Center Explore Tour, Crazier Things Chelsea Cutler Lyrics Meaning, Professional Qualification Meaning In Punjabi, Watermelon Sugar (karaoke), Natalie Krinsky Wedding, Hyperloop One Recruiter, Td Essential Portfolios Reddit, Inches Per Second, A Box Full Of Sharp Objects Hotline Miami 2,