One of them has not yet been digitized, but will be, soon. 8 miles per minute to inches per second = 8448 inches per second. It being the first post proper, I thought I’d set out my stall a little bit, where I’m coming from, why I’m doing this and what to expect. But in this form it's fairly hard to listen to. 10 miles per minute to inches per second = 10560 inches per second ›› Want other units? And I certainly hope it's my tape machine that couldn't well handle this reel, or perhaps that it's deteriorated over the years, as so many 1980's tapes have done, because, for an ad for Electronics, this thing sounds awful, with muddy sound in the right channel and frequent clicking noises. Download: A Few Ethnic Jokes from Joe Gerossi. 1 inches per second to foot/second = 0.08333 foot/second, 10 inches per second to foot/second = 0.83333 foot/second, 20 inches per second to foot/second = 1.66667 foot/second, 30 inches per second to foot/second = 2.5 foot/second, 40 inches per second to foot/second = 3.33333 foot/second, 50 inches per second to foot/second = 4.16667 foot/second, 100 inches per second to foot/second = 8.33333 foot/second, 200 inches per second to foot/second = 16.66667 foot/second. It starts with a segment of a newscast, but from the one minute point on, it's the Michael Jackson show: So while we're on the topic of radio, which I know is a favorite for many readers/listeners to this site, I have a really neat collection of ads for Lucky Lager, from 1969, another tape from a collection of Lucky Lager-related reels that I managed to pick up... somewhere. 100 inches per second to foot/second = 8.33333 foot/second. I'm sure these are readily available elsewhere, but I'm guessing they are not as available in the context of the media coverage of the day, which is provided here, or the occasional commentary by the unhappy Democrats in the room (although not too unhappy, I'd guess - as you'll hear in the second segment, it is mentioned that many of the people present at a party wanted Eisenhower to be president, although I'm sure they'd have preferred he run as a Democrat). It's still in stereo, but my more modern stereo machine is only playing half of each signal. Type in your own numbers in the form to convert the units! The first half of the tape features music played by kids who are just at the start of learning, interspersed with a silly conversation with "Donald Duck" - a cartoon voice I've never been able to stand - and some great play-acting between two girls, sisters, I think, in a short skit - which may be my favorite section of the tape. I'm curious to hear what anyone else thinks.... Next up, here's a neat set of eight ads promoting the new Dodge line for 1971, presumably from the fall of 1970. Inches per second is a unit of velocity and refers to the distance traveled in inches for every second of motion. Km/hr stands for kilometers per hour and is the typically unit of velocity used in the British units of measurement. Take the tape out of the box. area, mass, pressure, and other types. And I must say, it looks like a much bigger collection when laid out like that, then it does when on a shelving unit. I had not yet listened to all of these tapes. It's hosted by an erudite English fellow named Michael Jackson (no, of course not. I hope that makes sense. One of the things I treasure most, when digging through tapes, is finding a tape which reflects honest-to-goodness love and affection of family, and people having a really good time. inches per second to furlong/day inches per second to kilometer/minute The parrot heard on that tape is frequently heard here - I've edited out more than 20 minutes of recordings of the bird making noise, which was interspersed with the sections shared here. inches per second synonyms, inches per second pronunciation, inches per second translation, English dictionary definition of inches per second. We have three "rock" commercials, three "country" commercials and two commercials featuring the "sheriff". inches per second or In February of this year, I shared a tape from Joe Gerossi, a man who seemed to have considered himself quite the wit, in which he was heard in a variety of sessions and with a variety of friends. symbols, abbreviations, or full names for units of length, One of the things I tend to do is that I will share something that has a tie in to a moment in time, first, even if it ends up "burying the lead", so to speak, by shuffling the best stuff off to second place. inches per second to yard/day So every now and then, I like to throw in something either dull or annoying or otherwise difficult to listen to, to give all of you a fuller taste of the nature and variety of the tapes I come across and listen to in order to provide enjoyment for all of us. 1952 Presidential Election Returns and Candidate Speeches, Glen Twist - Report from the Citizen's Committee, A Comic Slide Show About "Early American Art", A Sweet Tape by a Musical Family, Early Johnny Carson and a Few Odds and Ends, A Collection of Musical Performances and Fun Conversations, Excerpts from Early Tonight Shows -Sam Levenson and a Talking Dog - early 1964.mp3, Tess Electronics - Ad for the Week of June 9th, Jack Paar - Interview with Barry Goldwater, 1/31/64, An Audio Letter from The Robertsons - David, Douglas, Margie and Pete - January 27, 1953, General Telephone Company of California - Wiper Springs on Stroger Two Motion Switches (slide show), WFMS, Indianapolis, Beautiful Music Programming, Vintage Talk Radio with Michael Jackson and Much, Much More, Michael Jackson on KHJ, Los Angeles, October 12, 1964, Lucky Lager - Eight "Sportsman's Friend" Features, Celebrating Baseball, Trying to Get the Ad Just Right, and Keeping in Touch, Jack Brickhouse, et al - White Sox vs. Cleveland - 9-22-59 - White Sox Win Pennant, Trying to Record End-of-Season Ads for Fresno Motor Sales, 1963. The other only features him for a few moments, telling some ethnic jokes of the type typical way back when at the start of the tape, and offering a few other thoughts at the end. Turn on the reel to reel tape recorder. One of the more interesting things I came across lately is a segment of talk radio from the mid 1960's, version of the format which has been utterly unknown outside the realm of public radio for at least the last few decades. And then it ends. From time to time, I have shared narration tapes I've found from slide shows of various types. We assume you are converting between inch/second and foot/second. In this case, it's a 1998, "end of season blowout sale" type ad for a car dealership owned by Ed Schmidt in Perrysburg, Ohio, produced by McGee & Starr and titled "Operation Elimination", which has a rather disgusting connotation to me, particularly given the play on Ed Schmidt's name at the end of the ad, but maybe it worked. The tape is pressed against the heads and moves at a certain number of Note that rounding errors may occur, so always check the results. You'll hear some people at a party (including that Eisenhower comment, so perhaps they weren't too upset in November), and just some general fun and descriptions of what life was like that day, month, year in Oklahoma. I could have sworn I shared these before (and if I did, apologies for the repetition), but I can't find them, so here they are. First of all, a tape that I just love. Inch per second is unit of speed, its symbol is ips or in/s. At this point, this is quite the piece of ephemera. I will be sharing the reel's entire contents here. But there came a point that I said "this is a put-on", and listened again from the start. In between was a full two hours of a very badly Dean Martin TV roast show, which I am not sharing here. inches per second to inch/day I have five selections from my collection today, ranging far and wide as a sampling of the eclectic nature of that collection. Maybe you'll feel differently... And finally, as always, our very short reel. For each of the files in my postings, there is a linked file name first - those not on a Mac may be able to listen to the track by left clicking, and download by right clicking - some browsers will automatically download, and this will happen on a Mac. Define inches per second. Some may hear a bit of brow-beating in the dad pushing his daughter to play her song, early in the tape, but there is genuine and strong affection clearly apparent on both sides, and the girl soon makes fun of dad, as soon as he's out of earshot, certainly knowing full well he'd be able to hear it later. Anyway, the "Voice of Music" company seems to have been particularly aggressive in this marketing aspect, as I have several five inch reels - both demos and short performances of musical works - bearing their imprint. foot/second to inches per second, or enter any two units below: inches per second to kilometer/hour This is simply a recording made of short segments of two episodes of The Tonight Show, less than 18 months after Johnny Carson took over as host. is equal to. It's been a while since I digitized that one, and I don't quite know where the box is, so I don't have a scan... Howdy, good people! But such is the joy and frustration of listening to a slide show narration without the slides. The election returns are heard for a moment, and then this political commentary, clearly recorded later, erases the next 14 minutes of those election recordings. as English units, currency, and other data. I've been collecting reel to reel tapes for more than thirty years. These were produced by the very well known BBDO, Inc., and are from 1969, facts I learned through careful research and detailed study of the tape box: The content of the fake calls is quite entertaining at times. The fairly short segment contains parts of the speeches from each candidate after the results were clear. There are a few slow spots, but the overall effect is fairly magical. I have roughly. Use this page to learn how to convert between inches/second and feet/second. You can do the reverse unit conversion from foot/second to inches per second, or enter any two units below: Enter two units to convert. If the whole tape was this kid talking as at the end, and was recorded well, it would probably be gold. And finally, no post would be complete without a very short reel. has learned on piano, one which she hasn't actually really learned yet. From. In that last segment, we again hear piano, accordion, and several duets for piano and voice, with one of the girls repeatedly singing in a fairly over-the-top dramatic style which I, again, find deeply endearing.

Genesis Concert Dates 2020, Fxall Settlement Center, Simple Mills Costco, Arno Dorian Face, Falling From Grace Study Notes, Frontier Co Op Salaries, Sunflower Lecithin Keto, How Much Does A Gold Bar Cost, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Modern Day,