I did some research - a google search or two- and apparently his son was called Pleistarchus and he would be king after Pausanias who acts as the regent as Pleistarchus is too young to rule Sparta after the death of Leonidas. [60], The remainder of his life, and the date and circumstances of his death, are unknown. [31] Most modern historians on the other hand stress that lines were not so clear cut, as the aristocratic opposition included Latins like Renier, and also recruited Latin mercenaries. [46][47], In the meantime, the ambitious Andronikos Komnenos, cousin of Emperor Manuel, watched affairs in the capital from the Pontus, where he had been appointed governor. [42] According to Van Dieten's chronology, the condemnation of the conspirators took place on 1 March 1181, and the clashes took place on 2 May. His paternal grandfather was Darius, and his maternal great-grandfather was Leonidas I of Sparta. Ok, so our boy Alexios had a daughter named Theodora, who married Constantine Angelos. The Spartan's are actually foreign occupiers from a couple of islands off in the Med Sea and were descendants of Heracles. [36][37], The Patriarch now interceded with Empress Maria of Antioch to put an end to the fighting. For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. Elpidios would also become the ancestor of Amunet, one of the Hidden Ones'founders. One of their grandsons was Isaac II Angelos. In Odysssey, Leonidas claims that he has a son, but we never see him. Almost too crazy to be true. The two brothers were on a campaign with their father, John II, and their other brothers in southern Asia Minor, and probably died of the same illness. I'm not sure if Spartans would accept the female line. [8] Although Alexios' mother, the sebastokratorissa Irene, suffered repeated disgrace and imprisonment at the hands of Manuel, the emperor showed great favour to her sons, particularly Alexios' older brother John. As for why there are two, it’s meant to be a balance of power. Although the younger of the two, because of the army's support, Manuel eventually became emperor. Alright, so I found a modern descendant of Alexios Komnenos (not surprising, considering he centralized power in the hands of his dynasty, and every Emperor after him to Constantine XI was related to him by descent or marriage). This is really old, but if you're still interested, King Pausanias in the game is a different Pausanias than the regent you're mentioning. She would not be deprived of her dignities and privileges by her brother the emperor, or her stepmother the empress, or the prōtosebastos Alexios, and full amnesty would be granted her supporters and allies", as Choniates reports. [5] This provided the occasion for another poem by Prodromos, in which young Alexios is referred to as the only solace for his bereaved mother. Again he put on an appearance of having a large army and a powerful navy, but in reality they were far inferior. Press J to jump to the feed. After a few days he was led, seated on a pony and preceded by a reed flag in mockery of a banner amidst the jeers and abuse of the populace, to a fishing boat and across to Chalcedon. With this, the two sides disbanded their forces, and Maria and her husband returned to the Great Palace to meet the Empress-dowager and the prōtosebastos and confirm their reconciliation. [11], The first recorded instance of Alexios attending a public function was at a synod at the imperial Palace of Blachernae, on 12 May 1157, with his brother John. The opposition that began to coalesce around her included: her husband, the Caesar Renier of Montferrat, Manuel's illegitimate son the sebastokratōr Alexios Komnenos, the prōtostratōr Alexios Komnenos, the Eparch of the City John Kamateros Doukas, Andronikos Lapardas, Maria's cousins Manuel and John (sons of the future emperor Andronikos I Komnenos, who was then in exile), and many others. There they "gave her pledges of good faith confirmed by oaths, assuring her that nothing unpleasant would befall her. When the Empress-dowager and the prōtosebastos had Alexios II issue a warning to his half-sister that she would be evicted by force, she again refused, and despite the Patriarch's angry objections started posting her followers to keep watch over the entrances to the great church, recruiting even "Italians in heavy armor and stouthearted Iberians from the East who had come to the City for commercial purposes", as Choniates reports. However, Kassandra pulls it off, and Alexios does not. That's a matrilineal line, and it wouldn't have counted for succession. (the myth say that Hercules himself chose those two to be the royal families.) In the AC universe, Alexios is the son of Leonidas' daughter, Myrrine. As other events took place soon after, he proposed that the uprising and reconciliation all took place in February 1182, with the date for the original, aborted coup on 13 February. Alexios attempted to negotiate, and sent George Xiphilinos (a future patriarch) to Andronikos' camp, offering a pardon and high office. Conversely, although he still held valuable hostages—including Andronikos' sons—Alexios appears to have become dejected and passively awaited events. Alexios is the main character of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the male equivalent of Kassandra. His son was Alphonso X of Castile, who's son was Sancho IV, who's son was Ferdinand IV, to Alphonso XI, to Henry II of Castile, to John I, to Henry III, to John II, to Isabella I (the one who married Ferdinand of Aragon and found the New World). Mounting tensions resulted in a popular uprising against Alexios' regime on 2 May 1181, (modern scholars have proposed other dates as well), which ended in a mutual reconciliation. That's some good work. Why do they have 2 Kings, The Kings don’t actually run the state, they only have power over religious and military affairs. The plot was discovered and most conspirators arrested, but Maria and her husband fled to the Hagia Sophia, protected by Patriarch Theodosios Borradiotes and the common people of Constantinople. At long last, the prōtosebastos was forced to consent to the Patriarch's reinstatement. According to this interpretation, the primary concern of the opposition was the prōtosebastos' domination of the government, which had destroyed the previous arrangements under Manuel, where the court aristocracy had been "equal in power". From here begins the line of Spanish Habsburgs, which goes down to Philip IV, who's daughter became Queen of France by marriage to Louis XIV. These are the main Characters, and choosing one or the other A son of Andronikos Komnenos and nephew of Emperor Manuel I Komnenos, he rose to the high rank of prōtostratōr in 1167. That my dude is an awesome find! Since Plestarchus is not around, it seems that the only male left descended from Leonidas's bloodline and Agiad's would be Alexios and therefore he should be able to claim the throne by birthright. [45] Alexios exacerbated the situation when he turned against Patriarch Theodosios for the aid and shelter he had given the rebels. In late April, a revolt in the city opened the prisons of the Great Palace and set the prōtosebastos' opponents free. A soldier betrayed the conspiracy, however, and most of its members were arrested, tried by a tribunal under the dikaiodotēs Theodore Pantechnes—who succeeded Kamateros as Eparch—and imprisoned in the dungeons of the Great Palace. [16] Furthermore, as prōtovestiarios, he was the "titular head of the imperial household", with important ceremonial and diplomatic duties. [50][54] Emboldened by this defection, Andronikos Komnenos moved to Chalcedon, across the Bosporus from Constantinople. Moving forward at dawn, the imperial troops ascended the roof of the Church of St. John the Theologian, and then moved to cut off the Hagia Sophia and Maria's supporters in the Augoustaion from the rest of the city.

What Are The 14 Paid Holidays, Diners, Drive-ins And Dives Meatloaf Sandwich, Pay The Price Quotes, Assassin's Creed Jerusalem Map, Learn To Play The Harp Near Me, Airsoft Joule Limit, St Muar Job Vacancy, Don't Call Me Angel Original,