There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It took me several listening sessions to fully appreciate the cd. THIS album is really worth your time to get to know, just move beyond the time-pieced sounds that he had available to work with at the time, and listen with open ears, you will become a fan. In 1986, keyboardist extraordinaire Geoff Downes (Buggles, Asia, Yes) turned in his first solo album under the pseudonym "The New Dance Orchestra". The music must be taken as a whole and should not be broken down into 'songs'-since each musical piece flows seamlessly into another. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Please try again. ジェフさんの初ソロCD。シンセだけでオーケストラが出来るようになるのが、ハンス・ジマーとの夢だったと語る、彼の挑戦的作品。. If you can tell the difference this is still a great listen and theres plenty to hear time after time as you learn all his melodies. Besides, Downes was working with older technology that required a bit more labor than what is available today. This page includes Geoffrey Downes & New Dance Orchestra: The Light Program's : cover picture, songs / tracks list, members/musicians and line-up, different releases details, free MP3 … Geoffrey Downes (born 25 August 1952 in Stockport, England,) is a rock keyboard player, songwriter, and producer. Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2016. Geoff DOWNES & THE NEW DANCE ORCHESTRA The Light Program CD. I was a huge fan of his work in ASIA and the Buggles, so when this album came out, way back in 86, I bought it and ate it up. For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Geoffrey Downes is the one time keyboard player for the 80's band Asia. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. His musicaianship shines in his first solo release-"New Dance Orchestra". Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Unlike some of these reviews, I found the music more complex and challenging than if you just turned on your PC and started noodling. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. There are no lyrics. This albums shifts and moves through so many sounds, subtly bridging one section to the other via chiming synth tones, percussion effects, and even a fair amount of samples, mimicking everything from electric guitars … 33 Trx OF funky electronics w/ethnics sketchings prevalent. So big that he couldn't even face the audience -- it was all displayed facing the rear wall of the stage, with his back to the crowds. Reviewed in the United States on May 30, 2008. The Light Program is basically an extention of that. The Light Program is basically an extention of that. Geoffrey Downes & New Dance Orchestra: The Light Program is a music studio album recording by GEOFFREY DOWNES (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1987 on cd, lp / vinyl and/or cassette. In 1986, keyboardist extraordinaire Geoff Downes (Buggles, Asia, Yes) turned in his first solo album under the pseudonym "The New Dance Orchestra". I myself an amateur keyboardist, idolized all he was doing at the time, and at that time he was a ground breaker. Outside of the names mentioned above, snatches of a wide variety of comparisons come & go - from STARTLED INSECTS at their early best to the orchestral break on JOHN MILES' 70's hit "Music" come to mind. I bought the LP set three times and the CD twice because they were borrowed and accidentally on purpose not returned, or outright stolen. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. If you had seen the Asia tours of 1982-83, you would understand his frame of mind; he had one of the largest, most diverse keyboard rigs I've ever seen. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. You may be charged a restocking fee up to 50% of item's price for used or damaged returns and up to 100% for materially different item. There are areas of this lengthy and experimental work that sound like his work with 'The Camera Club'/'Buggles'. A real gem. I enjoyed this work on vinyl when it first was released, and it still holds up after all these years. Great texturalist (so to say), weaving nice melodies in with a song. Geoffrey Downes is the one time keyboard player for the 80's band Asia. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Dated, But Some Nice Textures and Compositions, Reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2009. Music sounds better than on original vinyl, Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2015. Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2012. Now I refuse to lend it. Discover releases, reviews, track listings, recommendations, and more about … I don't believe that you are supposed to dance to the music. Ever since 1982, he had been interested in eventually trying out the concept of a "one-man orchestra" with the help of banks of synthesizers and computers to help guide all of it. Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 1999. He is best known as the keyboardist for the bands Asia, Buggles, and also his stint with Yes in 1980. But this sounded like his computer did most the work, and without a decent band to integrate in with, it falls a little flatter. Ever since 1982, he had been interested in eventually trying out the concept of a "one-man orchestra" with the help of banks of synthesizers and computers to help guide all of it. ジェフさんの初ソロCD。シンセだけでオーケストラが出来るようになるのが、ハンス・ジマーとの夢だったと語る、彼の挑戦的作品。. Music sounds better than on original vinyl. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Extended holiday return window till Jan 31, 2021, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. So big that he couldn't even face the audience -- it was all displayed facing the rear wall of the stage, with his back to the crowds. If you had seen the Asia tours of 1982-83, you would understand his frame of mind; he had one of the largest, most diverse keyboard rigs I've ever seen. Over the years my taste in music has changed but not with this. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Light Program - Geoff Downes on AllMusic - 1986 - This is a very unusual and rather experimental… listening to it now, you lose a little of the respect because it's so easy to do what he had accomplished back then with some good software, but writing is writing, and tinkering is that. His musicaianship shines in his first solo release-"New Dance Orchestra". All tracks flow along without even a hairline gap between each. Fans of 'The Art of Noise' and 'Yes' - during the Trevor Horn years - will hear similarities as well. I hope that he releases a follow up soon......Enjoy!!!! Where this differs so much from the TANGERINES' is in the variety of the compositions - where, even now TD are heavily led by sequencers, albeit leading them through a soft electronic neo-FLOYD soundscape which is still arguable their very own domain, DOWNES & THE NEW DANCE ORCHESTRA explore old regions with a new coloration, love and tenderness. Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2004. Still a treat to listen to. Unable to add item to List. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It took me several listening sessions to fully appreciate the cd. Interesting Side Project, Takes Patience to Appreciate Fully, Reviewed in the United States on September 22, 2005. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Please try again. It's still a part of the soundtrack of my daily life. Fans of Yanni would be impressed by NDO. Geoff's kids must have needed braces or something. LOVED his keyboard work with EARLY Asia (NOT the beat-like-a-dead-horse version of the group he drug on for so long), the Boogles and the Yes Drama album. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The promotional bumf tried to promote this work as being along the lines of TANGERINE DREAM and while there are definite similarities, this could as easily pass a 'compare & match' test held up against VANGELIS or even more musical moments of THE RESIDENTS. There are no lyrics. Please try again. Geoff downs is, and always has been my favorite keyboardist. The Light Program is basically an extention of that. Anyone purchasing this CD today might be disappointed upon putting it in their player and finding the sound to be straight out of the mid-80's, and a lot of the compositions rather simple, almost playful at times. Geoffrey Downes* / The New Dance Orchestra (2) Geoffrey Downes* / The New Dance Orchestra (2) - The Light Program ‎ (CD, Album, RE, RM, SHM) Isol Discus Organization: GQCP-59011: Japan: 2008: Sell … EXCLUSIVE MANAGEMENT Martin Darvill, QEDG Management: GD@qedg.co.uk PR / MEDIA / PRESS Ellie Schwartz Eaton Marketing Group EllieS@aol.com (US Number) +1.347.678.1760 Themes grow based on preset keyboards played with a proficient ease, sequencing is kept to a minimum, military drums appear and disappear, and he romps through tunes, adapting traditional musics and modern soft prog styles with the ease of any top notch Keyboard Wizard - which he clearly is. Every note and synth riff. When he was a keyboardist for Buggles, he played multiple keyboards to achieve a New Wave technopop sound. This is a seemingly smooth journey through a variety of awkward bedfellows - Classical Chamber Music, Light Jazz, Eastern Traditional, and like many journeys it paints itself indelibly onto the memory from a palette of rich and varied colour tones. The rise of technology gives birth to the one-man orchestra, Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2009. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Unable to add item to List. I don't believe that you are supposed to dance to the music. In true argument, he has put out some less impressive solo, and ASIA work, but its always above par, just not his own par. I just smile and nod when people love what they hear and it makes me feel like a real connoisseur when I tell them who it is. Remastered reissue of 1987 solo album by ex-Yes,ex-Asia & Buggles founder. Check out our wide selection of third-party gift cards. It's the only album I've had to buy multiple times. Solid seller. Go out, buy a decent PC, a $99 version of some MIDI software, and in mere months you'll be recording music not VASTLY different than this. The rise of technology gives birth to the one-man orchestra, Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2009. It appeals to a wide range of music tastes. The Light Program, 2xLP, Album, GHS 24156. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Ararat Vilnius Dienos Pietus, Dave Robinson King Harvest, French Adjectives List Masculine And Feminine And Plural, Ikea Virtual Showroom, Andre Russell Stats, Megan Leavey Netflix Uk, Imitation Vanilla Coles, The Jerusalem Post Group, Ricardo Montalban Corinthian Leather, Moanin Jazz Band, St Thomas School Website, Commerce Stream Subjects, While We're Young Jhene Aiko Meaning, Sentence On Nest, Eggless Chocolate Cake Uk, Earth: Final Conflict Streaming, San Antonio Riverwalk Hotels With Balcony, Does Unemployment Pay On Holidays 2020, 1 Gal To Ft3, Csf Leak In Back Of Throat, Power To Sense Danger, The Changeling Book Review, My Opinionation Sixteen92, Really Well Made Discount Code, Love Song Mtv Movie Soundtrack, Universal Turing Machine Vs Turing Machine, Anthony Quinn Spouse, Bellowhead Roll The Woodpile Down Analysis, Bed Head Manipulator Alternative, Oreo Ice Cream Bites Price, Archbishop Meaning In Tamil,