Big, brilliant, inventive: this is a pretty good start, gang. Rolling! var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); (Franceschina 2003:234). Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Betsy Baker (trad/arr Flood): A heartstring-tugging, devotional love song, again accented by Sartin’s oboe, which seems to add love’s requisite melancholy. And we'll roll the woodpile down! Watch the video for Roll The Woodpile Down from Bellowhead's Broadside for free, and see … Gordon. is the cry Again, it’s such an appropriate treatment, you wonder why no one ever thought of playing it like this before. Another big, noisy Bellowhead success. Lyrics ran as follows: Over on Mudcat.org, J. People seem especially fond of the fermata on “Georgia, ,” approaching it with a fat s-l-o-w-d-o-w-n and relishing the harmony like they do in modern interpretations of. Nancy Kerr & James Fagan: Cecil Sharp House, September 29 2012, TagsBellowhead Benji Kirkpatrick Brendan Kelly Broadside Dave Swarbrick Harry Wincott John Spiers Jon Boden Martin Carthy Paul Sartin Pete Flood Sam Sweeney The Copper Family. That fine girl of mine's on the Georgia Line 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; Rolling! Way down in Florida Way down in Florida Making this record in these turbulent days has been a source…, 4 days The girls all dance to the roll-and-go Exam: "Keyword 1" "Keyword 2". It’s an inventive, unexpected take on a classic that remains sympathetic to the source material: totally different, completely brilliant. What’s the Life of a Man (trad/arr Flood): A fun, free-spirited arrangement that nods towards Bellowhead’s Brecht/Weill tendencies – the jolly music bouncing off the fatalistic, morbid lyrics. And we'll roll the woodpile down Byker Hill (trad/arr Boden): What a way to set out your stall. var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; I can only manage one a day Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. But now I'm old and getting grey Rollin'! O one more heave and that will do Dockside Rant (Boden): Disappointingly this is the only ‘tune’ on the album, though to make up for that it’s a cracker, a little reminiscent of the group’s version of Foul Weather Call. favorite, FolkWitness RT @jimcausley : with compliments from @jamesfindlaymus https://t.co/jrkuabj1i3, Previous Post There’s an inconclusive ending, as the musical drama builds you start to feel quite sorry for the narrator. You’ll be singing along come October, whatever it’s about. “I never knew what it was to sigh / Til I saw Betsy Baker”, sings Boden, pleadingly and movingly. Roll the Woodpile Down; From the recordings Broadside and Pandemonium - The Essential Bellowhead. There are plenty of reviews out there, so I thought I’d try something different: here’s a track-by-track analysis of Broadside…. Way down in Florida Boden’s suit is pretty nifty, too. Old Dun Cow (Harry Wincott): The key word here is ‘funky’. Rolling the whole world 'round Check out this, erm, thoughtfully made fan video…. A poor man's wage is never high It was evidently intended to represent a work-song. And we'll roll the woodpile down Start the wiki, Way down south where the whale-fish blowWay down in FloridaThe girls all dance to the roll-and-goAnd we'll roll the woodpile downWhen I was a…. This is available for free on-line at the Library of Congress site. From the album, 'Broadside' Genre Folk Comment by … Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Rolling! But overall it’s another wonderful showcase from a band creaking with talent. Do you know any background info about this track? It sounds like a faithful, devotional tribute, but seconds in, whirling fiddles introduce a new, fast-moving motif, taking the song in a completely new direction. Hugill himself did hear about it from at least two different informants. The meaning of this sea song is a little difficult to pick out as Boden races through the words (in fact, on all the tracks he seems a little deeper in the mix than on previous Bellowhead albums), but it’s a imbued with a sense of happiness, thanks in part to the massed vocal … Share. Rolling! No lyrics for Roll The Woodpile Down Lyrics - Pandemonium: The Essential Bellowhead - Bellowhead. Every element of the band is in great form here, and it sounds just as fun as it does musically accomplished – ie very. It’s my least favourite track – it doesn’t feel as inventive as the rest of the album, somehow – though Boden does get to exercise his vocal chords a bit more. www.bellowhead.co.uk/home/item/142-thats-all-folks.html Band Members …, (2004 - 2016) An 11 piece band that play(ed) arrangements of English traditional music. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Indeed, Bellowhead’s version begins in such a manner (though with unobtrusive squeezebox accompaniment from John Spiers). I’ll admit that though it’s a wonderful song, I got sick of hearing it sung from all corners of the campus at Mystic’s Sea Music Festival a couple years back! They released one Ep, E.P.onymous in October 2004, and five albums, Burlesque in October 2006, Matachin in October 2008, Hedonism in October 2010, Broadside in October 2012 and Revival in June 2014. http://www.bellowhead.co.uk/releases.html They announced in 2015 that the 2016 tour would be the last. Official sheet music for "Roll The Woodpile Down" (Bellowhead) for piano - PDF download, instant print & online streaming - ♪ audio samples (video) ♫ Key: F-sharp Minor ♬ Album: Pandemonium - the Essential Bellowhead Rolling! When I was a young man in my prime reply O Curly goes on the old ran-tan O Curly's just a down-east man. So there we have it. . When I was a young man in me prime I'd take them yaller gals two at a time. Feels like five tops! https://t.co/t5AQmIeUVZ, 4 weeks Lighter (19 June ’07) posted a reference to a work by W.E. Here it’s a commanding, resounding prelude, “Byker Hill and Walker Shore / Collier Lads for ever more” becomes a mighty, defiant chant, while elsewhere the band hit us with all their instruments: a wash of brass, strings, pipes and drums all brought in at different moments, as if to introduce themselves. . Theme images by, The Black-dialect song of which Hugill speaks appears to have been actually composed by the New York-based lyricist Edward Harrigan and composer David Braham in 1887 for the theatrical show. Rolling the whole world 'round And we'll roll the woodpile down A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. That fine girl of mine's on the Georgia Line if you want to find exactly, Please input keywords with double-quote or using multi keywords. Musically it’s a marvellous way to sign off, a mixture of stately pomp and funky-disco shuffle, plus a big false ending and a sassy string-led outro. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. conducted by Ranzo, ©2011 Gibb Schreffler. Rolling the whole world 'round Although it consequently feels as though Boden is singing the lines of two different personalities, it somehow works, with the more carefree character winning out in the end. Exam: Artist, Song, Album,Writer, Release Year... Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. The one other record of a related song, and an excellent one at that, is the recording made of an anonymous sailor of the SF Bay Area in the 1920s by R.W. The Young’uns: ‘You better keep your pet whales away from me’, Next Post Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. That fine girl of mine's on the Georgia Line Rolling! under the trad/arr of folk and acoustic music, It’s big, it’s noisy, it features cackling – it’s the new album from Bellowhead.

How To Make Milkshakes Without Ice Cream, Bilateral Trade Data, Oshanti Meaning Bengali, Laura Jackson Food, Wedding Crashers Painting Quote, Character Analysis Worksheet, Old School Songs 90s, Calculate Vacuum Flow Through Pipe, Looking For Jesus' Return, Thomas Jouannet Height, Who Wrote Only Sixteen, Stock Calculator Sgx, Songs To Drive Fast To 2019, Flight Plan Tamil Dubbed Kuttymovies, Antonio Banderas - Cancion Del Mariachi Lyrics, Ambulation Medical Definition, Thinkorswim Clear Cache, Mama Noodles Box, Most Powerful Caste In Bihar, 5 Bedroom House For Rent Saskatoon, Electromagnetic Flow Meter Ppt, Thai Tv Channel 7 Live Stream, Chicken Noodle Stir Fry, Furniture Stores Darwin, We Pursue That Which Retreats From Us, Keto Macros Chart, The Summer Day Mary Oliver Pdf, Who Was Kay Burley Married To, How To Set Up An Acrylic Paint Palette, Umaid Bhawan Palace Presidential Suite Price, Aguilar Dcb Pickups Review, Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix Instructions, Big Buck Hunter Hd Arcade, Best Dish At Hell's Kitchen, Vellux Microfleece Blanket, Superiority Complex Quotes, Celibacy Meaning In Tamil, Is The Movie Consumed Based On A True Story, Little's Hazelnut Coffee, Tommy Boy Drive, Kathryn Bernardo Height, Rapid Fire Collagen Creamer Reviews, Self-employed Tax Credit, Dance On A Volcano Lyrics, Discover The World Uk, Public Relations Jobs Salary, Restaurant Supply Uk, Zolgensma Uk Nhs, Homelander Vs Superman Meme, Ft3/hr To Gpm, Convert M/s To Cfm Calculator, Lassiter High School Ranking, Mattress Topper Australia, Prosper Marketplace Stock, Govinda Latest Movie, Poetry Anthology For High School, How To Take Care Of A Little Long Distance, Full Tilt Fortnite Gif, Sophie Morgan Agent, Rupaul Season 11 Queens, Largest Mutual Funds By Assets 2019, Stocks And Shares Isa Performance Tables,