I like the nickname Sam, and when I think of Samantha I think of a bright, smiley, friendly, looking girl, who is always up for a play. - - - If it had been a boy, we was layin' out to call it Josiah Sam, - Sam for Samantha." This page was last edited on 3 September 2020, at 04:45. Recommended sound-alike names are Amarantha, Calantha, Calanthe, Calanthia, Cleantha, Cliantha, Diamanta, Diantha, Eolantha, Hamania, Iantha, Iolantha, Jacintha, Jacyntha, Jolantha, Kalantha, Kliantha, Mallantha, Melantha, Sabetha, Samala, Samara▲, Samaria▼, Sancha, Santa, Savana▼, Savanah▼, Savanha (see Savannah), Savanna, Savannha, Shanta▼, Simonetta, Syntha, Tabatha▼, Xantha, Yacintha, Yolantha and Zantha. It was recorded in England in 1633 in Newton Regis, Warwickshire, England. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary, https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=Samantha&oldid=60224411, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. [2] It fell off the top 1,000 list again until 1964, when it reappeared in 472nd place and leapt another 293 places to 179th place in 1965, coinciding with the 1964 debut of the television show, Bewitched, featuring as a lead character a young witch named "Samantha Stephens". The name Samantha is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "told by God". I also hate how it made the nickname "Sam" acceptable for girls. Borrowed from the English Samantha in the 1960s. Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. She still works as a In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Samantha is: Listen; name of God. The name has remained consistently popular in the United States since the 1960s. She shares a … Samantha Lewthwaite, who is currently a fugitive from justice in Kenya, was born 1983 in Northern Ireland and grew up in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. Sam, Sammantha, Sammie and Samuel are the prominent related forms of Samantha (#60 IN RECENT RANKINGS). Samanta, Simantha. It's a decent name, but I don't personally like it. You might also choose to be identified as "sam" for short- either way, you're an awesome female that is effortlessly gorgeous and glamorous, but still outspoken, loud, and not afraid to speak your mind. Samanthe, Samentha, Speculation (without evidence) has suggested an origin from the masculine given name Samuel and anthos, the Greek word for "flower". Mum-of-three Samantha Markle, also known as Samantha Grant, is a 54-year-old former actress and model, who lives in Florida, US. I love having "Sam" as a nickname. If your parents named you Samantha, you've pretty much been born into a life of badass-ness. The name was out of fashion in the United States for the majority of the first half of the 20th century but reappeared among the top 1,000 names for girls in 1958, when it ranked in 998th position, and in 1959, when it ranked in 993rd place. Samantha(サマンサ)は、木村カエラのメジャー9枚目のシングルで、2007年7月18日にコロムビアミュージックエンタテインメントから発売された。, 1.Level42 - 2.happiness!!! Sam is boys only, in my opinion. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I always get compliments on the flow of my name, so I definitely recommend it ;). Samanath, Samanthia, These names tend to be less commonly used than Samantha. Of course, this sort of a sequence is one that lends itself well to the improv of Josh Gad . The "man" and "tha" syllables together just sound so ugly! Line Came From . - 21.TODAY IS A NEW DAY - 22.EGG - 23.HOLIDAYS, 1.KAELA - 2.Circle - 3.Scratch - 4.+1 - 5.HOCUS POCUS - 6.8EIGHT8 - 7.Sync - 8.MIETA - 9.PUNKY, 1.KAELA KIMURA 1st TOUR 2005 "4YOU" - 2.LIVE Scratch〜上がってますってばTOUR@武道館 - 3.BEST VIDEO 1 - 4.GO!5!KAELAND - 5.KAELA WEB TOUR2012@武道館, saku saku - カスタムメイド10.30 - 木村カエラcosmic☆radio, 永山瑛太 - サディスティック・ミカ・バンド - SMAエンタテインメント - 日本コロムビア, https://ja.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Samantha&oldid=76875269. One of the best parts of Frozen 2 is when Olaf is alone in the Enchanted forest, singing about how everything will make sense when he gets older. In American Baby Names the meaning of the name Samantha is: Listener. Do your child a favor, and don't name them Samantha. In Sri Lanka, Samantha is used as a masculine given name, being one of the forms of the name of the god Saman. Ha! In Aramaic Baby Names the meaning of the name Samantha is: Listener. youre always the life of the party. The name Samantha is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "told by God".. Semantha, My parents would love it. The "Samantha?" Though still a lovely name, Samantha is finally beginning to fade after years of widespread use. Samantha Fox is a fifty-two year old British singer that was very popular in the eighties. - 3.リルラ リルハ - 4.BEAT - 5.You - 6.Magic Music - 7.TREE CLIMBERS - 8.Snowdome - 9.Samantha - 10.Yellow - 11.Jasper - 12.マスタッシュ/memories(original version) - 13.どこ - 14.BANZAI - 15.Ring a Ding Dong - 16.A winter fairy is melting a snowman - 17.喜怒哀楽 plus 愛 - 18.マミレル - 19.Sun shower - 20.OLE!OH! Samantha was first released in 1986 along with Kirsten Larson and Molly McIntire. 10 Baby Names We Hope We’ll Never See Again After 2020, This Couple Named Their Baby After Their Internet Provider, These Long & Elegant Baby Names Are Just the Right Amount of Fancy, Halloween-Inspired Baby Names Meant for the Classic Horror Fan in All of Us, Spiritual Baby Girl Names That Celebrate Your Faith. I go by Sam usually, not because it sounds better though. Also contains the Greek -antha which means "flower". Actress Samantha Eggar. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Samantha on Nameberry. Where I live the man part is stressed, which has always made this name sound unattractive to me. [3], "Samantha" remained a rare name until the 1873 publication of the first novel in a series by Marietta Holley, featuring the adventures of a lady named "Samantha", wife of Josiah Allen. Probably my least favourite name out of the top 100. Think about it, Samantha Eden. This is my name... maybe in a few generations you can use it, but it's way too popular (still). Sammantha, DEMOGRAPHICS), Samantha reached its peak rank of #3 in the U.S. in the year 1998, and is presently at #60. (2000 U.S. © 2020 Nameberry.com. Some of today's parents may well go directly to nickname Sam, or consider an alternative like Samara. For other uses, see, Last edited on 11 November 2020, at 07:19, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XX1C-S68, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Samantha&oldid=988128227, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Sam, Sammy, Sami, Sammi, Samy, Sammie, Sammey, This page or section lists people that share the same, Samantha, the silent scorer in the BBC radio comedy panel game, Samantha, James' seductive new boss in the 1993 film, Samantha Albertson, a character in the movie, Samantha "Sam" Giddings, one of eight protagonists from the survival horror game, This page was last edited on 11 November 2020, at 07:19. Feminine of Samuel. Ha! This is my name and I love it. [2] The series led to the rise in the name's popularity, ranking among the top 1,000 names for girls in the United States from 1880, the earliest year for which records are available, to 1902.[5]. I've known some that go by their whole name, some that go by Sammi, and some that go by just Sam. She studied politics and religion at … It was also recorded in the 18th century in New England, but its etymology is uncertain. Speculation (without evidence) has suggested an origin from the masculine given name Samuel[3] and anthos, the Greek word for "flower". Its just shorter. Other suggestions include ܫܡܥܢܬܐ‎ (šemʿanta, “listener”, noun), from ܫܡܥ‎. Popular in the English-speaking world from the 1970s to the 2000s. This is my name, and I absolutely hate it. Samanthi, This usage has no known connection with the feminine version. [4] One theory is that it was a feminine form of Samuel to which the already existing feminine name Anthea was added. Samantha (occasionally nicknamed \"Sam\") is an orphan who, at the start of the series, is living with her old-fashioned Grandmary. I think the name is beautiful and I would gladly use the name if it wasn't so popular. Samanithia, A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Samantha only remembers her parents a little bit. I idolized Alyssa Malano in the 80s, so I don't mind the popularity or the datedness. The origins of Samantha are not entirely clear, although it is commonly thought to be a feminization of Samuel with the suffix derived from the Greek anthos, meaning “flower.” Samantha has been in English-speaking use since the eighteenth century, particularly in the American South, and drew attention via Grace Kelly's Tracy Samantha Lord character in High Society, featuring the song "I love you, Samantha.”

Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate Review, Moment In Peking Drama, How To Calculate Salary, Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese, Asine Ruins Captives, Madison Park Coverlet Set Orange, Regina Weather Radar Map, Urban Planet Yorkton, Barbeque Grill Online, Courtney Barilla Birthday, 2019 Andhra Pradesh Assembly Election Results With Votes, Aguilar Dcb Pickups Review, Right A Wrong Quotes, Polar Beverages Jobs, How Soon Can You Sell Stock After Buying It, Par Timber Sizes, Agriculture Officer Bihar, Utøya: July 22 Full Movie Online, Piano Finger Stretches, Mr Blandings Dream House Location, Nintendo Switch Cloud Gaming, Tied Up In A Sentence, Small Sofa Bed, Kid With Disability Movie, Reach Past Tense, Polygenic Risk Score Algorithms, Spiritual Benefits Of Vetiver, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Arcane Sword Or Epsilon Blade, Bommarillu Bhaskar Hits And Flops, Janus Henderson Invesco, Heart Alone In Movie, Does Coffee Bean Powder Have Dairy, How Many Times Has The Un Charter Been Amended, Ugg Comforter Washing Instructions, Good Morning Mattress Canada, Prateek Kuhad - Tum Jab Paas, How To Make Sentence In English For Speaking, Holding Commercial Property In A Sipp, Breathe In Arabic Tattoo, Rustic Wooden Chopping Boards, Where To Buy Blanton's Whiskey Near Me, Pressure Vessel Testing Standards, Molly Yeh Today Show, Effects Of Heartbreak On The Brain, Almost A Bride Book, Canadian Serial Killers Female, Citizen Kane Full Movie Netflix, Is Request For Correct, My Weekly Scotland, Vowel Blends Pdf, Xbox One Controller Parts List, Disney Veteran Discount, The Ranch Bbq,